What would be your pick-ip set of choice and please state what guitar your are using, the type of wood and other misc. about the guitar, amplifier, what effects your're using if any, and most importantly what style of music you play.

I'm kinda of pick up shopping for an Ibanez S520Ex, so i would like to read some reviews of your favorite pick-ups.
I play an ibanez iceman ic400, mahogany body, I put an EMG HZ (passive) in the bridge and a seymour duncan jazz in the neck.

It works for me, because I mainly play metal, and I use my neck pickup for lead playing and bridge pickup for rhythm. The emg has the pure metal tone I love, and the jazz gives me that nice smooth lead playing.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
i have a squier tele '51, but it doesn't sound like any squier. i got a texas heat noiseless in the neck position and a lipstick tube humbucker from guitar fetish in the brigde.

the texas heat is really good for clean. i get a nice clean tone, like hitting 2 steel bars together. it's also good for some distortion if you like it mildly muddy like sabbath and other old bands. the bridge pickup is what i really use for distortion, and it's got a nice treble bite to it.

i think the wood is ash.

another pickup from guitar fetish is the little killer. that thing bites like a snake. it's the size of a single coil but is really a humbucker. serves for a great bridge pickup.

www.guitarfetish.com

-jaymz-
Quote by GuitarGodJames
What would be your pick-ip set of choice and please state what guitar your are using, the type of wood and other misc. about the guitar, amplifier, what effects your're using if any, and most importantly what style of music you play.

I'm kinda of pick up shopping for an Ibanez S520Ex, so i would like to read some reviews of your favorite pick-ups.

It'd be far better if you simply told us the rest of your equipment, the styles you play and what it is about your tone you want to change.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It'd be far better if you simply told us the rest of your equipment, the styles you play and what it is about your tone you want to change.

If you wanna know about my equipment, I play an ibanez s520ex and some esp guitars through a triple rectifier amp with just one wah pedal. Style that i play is mainly hard rock, heavy metal, and power metal to the likes of metallica, disturbed, and Dragonforce. Just trying to find different reviews to see if i can find a better tone then the stock inf infinity pick ups i have in my Ibanez.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I'm trying to get a Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB combo goin in my LP.

Good idea, my guitar is pretty similar tonewise to a les paul, set neck, heavy ass mahogany body, if I wasn't so set on the metal ass emg, I'd have gone with the JB.

With a les paul, any PAF type pickups will be amazing.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
Quote by GuitarGodJames
If you wanna know about my equipment, I play an ibanez s520ex and some esp guitars through a triple rectifier amp with just one wah pedal. Style that i play is mainly hard rock, heavy metal, and power metal to the likes of metallica, disturbed, and Dragonforce. Just trying to find different reviews to see if i can find a better tone then the stock inf infinity pick ups i have in my Ibanez.

different pickups work differently in different rigs so there's little point asking for random opinions, far better simply to spell out your current situation and what you want to change about it.

If you want a set of powerful, versatile pickups that will cover a wide range of styles from bluesy classic rock through to pretty hefty metal tones then a pair of Dimarzio Breeds will do a good job for you, if you've got a triple recto then you don't need anything with insane output.

What kind of tones do you prefer?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
different pickups work differently in different rigs so there's little point asking for random opinions, far better simply to spell out your current situation and what you want to change about it.

If you want a set of powerful, versatile pickups that will cover a wide range of styles from bluesy classic rock through to pretty hefty metal tones then a pair of Dimarzio Breeds will do a good job for you, if you've got a triple recto then you don't need anything with insane output.

What kind of tones do you prefer?

I guess the tone i prefer maybe close compared to Metallica's Master of Puppets, but i don't want to cut out any more wood to fit a battery in a tiny guitar such as the Ibanez s520 ex. I am looking at some reviews on Dimarzio pickups though, mainly the Evo 2 bridge. i heard it's great for solos but i'm trying to figure out how it sounds like when playing heavy rythym guitar.
Check out Seymor Duncans site the have a wizard that recommends PU based on Guitar and Music Style then you con listen to sound clips to chose what you like.
Quote by GuitarGodJames
I guess the tone i prefer maybe close compared to Metallica's Master of Puppets, but i don't want to cut out any more wood to fit a battery in a tiny guitar such as the Ibanez s520 ex. I am looking at some reviews on Dimarzio pickups though, mainly the Evo 2 bridge. i heard it's great for solos but i'm trying to figure out how it sounds like when playing heavy rythym guitar.

I'd still go with Breeds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

My main ax is a Jackson DXMG with a Dp100(super distortion) in the bridge and a DP189(tone zone) in the neck. I have played some 30 different pick up combinations in front of my setup and nothing sounds better OR has as much variety in the styles I play- Rock-Metal-Blues!
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!