Just a laid-back cool bossanova style song. Didn't put too much thought or effort into this one; the whole chord progression consists of four chords!

New remix up! Check it out!

The song's called Panama.

Crit for crit!
Last edited by Stratwizard at Apr 14, 2008,
That was really really good. I'd love to learn some Jazz someday. It's hard for me to find a good teacher in town right now, so maybe when I get into college I can take some music classes and learn more. But anyway, enough about me.

I thought it was excellent. Everything was very smooth and the transitions were very good. Everything was just very polished. The quality of the recording was very good, and the drum track was very bossanova ish. The guitar was excellent. The comping was good and I really liked your tone. The lead was excellent too, everything was just flowing correctly. It was very entertaining listening to it. I have no criticisms. How long have you been playing?

Anyway, good stuff there. I liked it a lot.

I've got a post up for a strange song called Blackberry Jam if you'd like to take a listen.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791895
great clean tone to this song and the production overall, very polished. looking at your equipment list now, i use a Luna on occasion, i love their crisp clean sound anyway great smooth sounding track well done!
c4c? on my profile
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
Thanks for the comments guys!

Quote by lemonsquares42
How long have you been playing?

Around 5-6 years or so.

Quote by chrisatgrace
did you make the backing?

Yep.
very nice samba man. I liked the percussion , you know the bongos and the marimbas etc..
the guitar solos were amazing, this song reminds me of you know, a cruise ship for the rich people with this music played by a live band on the deck while they enjoy some brandy

Very nice job man.. 10/10
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Beautiful tone! I loved it. Not my style of music at all, but you kept me listening all the way through.

Great job.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by Necrolust
this song reminds me of you know, a cruise ship for the rich people with this music played by a live band on the deck while they enjoy some brandy

Lol that's almost exactly what I was thinking when I recorded this song!
Thanks for the crit, just got a chance to listen to yours.

Nice backing track, it has a very chill and relaxing feel. The percussion sounds good. The lead has a nice clean tone and there's a lot of interesting and catchy licks. Good playing.

Like someone else mentioned, this reminds me of a cruise ship. Overall, nice job, this is very cool and relaxing.
yeah, it does sound verry clean...and the backup instruments sound great. really impressive guitar playing...i really don't know how to crit this because theres nothing wrong with it. plus i don't know anything about this style. it sounded very professional, and i did find it entertaining. very nice playing. thanks for the crit.
I like it a lot, but wow, I REALLY like that jazz improv you have right under that. It's crazy good!
I am REALLY impressed by your speed and cleanliness on those licks. What is your recording setup?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I'm running Pro Tools on iMac G5. I have M-Audio Firewire 410 audio interface, Yamaha HS50M studio monitors and M-Audio Luna condenser microphone.
This is really really nice, it certainly does feel laid back, that cruise ship feel some one mentioned earlier, if only I was listning to it on the deck of one...

My only comment is that in some places personally I would like the guitar to have a bit more presence, but other than that perfect.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I've always loved your stuff, especially Stormcrow. Beautiful playing man.
"2,000,000 NPS Whores" club.
Appreciating the beauty of music so fast it blows puny mortal's faces off.
Bow down to teh Shredzor!
PM La Qotsa if you want to join. No emotion? Pah!
gorgeous guitar playing. The clean tones are orgasmic. I totally loved the whole fell you had going. Each riff, i thought, cut through very nicely. The production value of this is very high compared to most recordings posted on this site these days.
Big props.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the crit again, i appreciate it.
-jerod
Quote by Arpeggio X
I've always loved your stuff, especially Stormcrow. Beautiful playing man.

Thanks! Seems like Stormcrow was everyone's favourite. Maybe I should record some sort of revised version of it...
I'm not going to lie, I found my body swaying back and forth while listening to the song. Haha... Super chill, dude. I love the little "shred" tangents you go on. Kind of makes me feel like going on cruise. Kudos, brother.

-Dan
type as i listen

nice little intro setting the whole feel of it.

beautiful tone i must say :-D

the percussion is sweet, of course nice latin feel

very clean soling, and very good note choice

i liked that little harmony part

i feel like there should be a sweet horn harmony in here somewhere, thatd be really cool, maybe with some strings and a chorus doing some doo's and ooh's :-D

it kinda ended abruptly, but overal sweet job!

cfc? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794037
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
The musicainship on this is absolutely fantastic. Technically excellent, not a dropped note. Also catching and easy to listen too which is the sign of a good musicain.

Little more to say than that

10/10
Fender P Bass Mex

Guitar Set Up
Fender Strat Mex (Modded)
Toadwords Leo Jr
Vox Wah V847
Electro Harmonix LBP-1
Line 6 FM4
Boss DD-20
TC Electronic Tuner
Orange Tiny Terror(ist)

Check out my band
www.asparagusnow.com
Quote by The2abraxis
t

it kinda ended abruptly, but overal sweet job!

Yeah, I know. I couldn't really think a good ending for it so I just decided to play a chord there. By the way I like the idea about the horns and strings...
This has a nice sound and some nice playing, but it's not entirely melodic in spots. I think it's maybe too scale based and not enough playing to the chords. But I can't really nitpick too much because it's still pretty good, and I have the same problem when soloing over chords. The tune over all is nice and unoffensive and has few surprises. It's good, but also just sort of there. Something nice to zone out to.
Quote by Necrolust
very nice samba man. I liked the percussion , you know the bongos and the marimbas etc..
the guitar solos were amazing, this song reminds me of you know, a cruise ship for the rich people with this music played by a live band on the deck while they enjoy some brandy

Very nice job man.. 10/10

haha so true.

this is a great song. You did really well soloing over the chord changes. You also incorporated your speed playing well, although there might have been an instance where it didn't fit completely. I would have been impressed if you sat down and wrote this, but considering this is improvising I'm reallly impressed.
That was excellent. You certainly know how to play Jazz, and I think thats something alot of people find hard to adapt to, especially if they've come from a juxtaposing musical background. It's all very clean and precise - this seems to be evident in not only your tone but your playing. The soloing refrains from bends and too much legato, which is of course key for Jazz playing. You also adhere to the same theme whilst still maintaining variety which is good, like the solo sections and the two-part harmony melodies. Great stuff.
Quote by GoDrex
This has a nice sound and some nice playing, but it's not entirely melodic in spots. I think it's maybe too scale based and not enough playing to the chords.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I should be using more chord tones and arpeggios in my soloing. I'm working on it...
I liked the laid-back feel in it.
Makes me want to go chill at some quiet beach in the Bahamas.
It gives a very nice ambience.
Sounds Great. Maybe a bit to much like shredding in the beggining. It sounds like the second solo should began the song, and the first solo should end. Write a cool melody for it and It would sound really cool. I was wondering if you could send me that backing track somehow because I play saxaphone and just wanted to do some improvising over it. thanks.

C4C? My songs are in my profile.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by hendrix4934

C4C? My songs are in my profile.

Thanks for the comment. Do you have a thread or should I just leave the comments on your profile?
hey thanks for the crit! ill listen to yours as i write.

okay i really like the feel you have going on right here. the very first set of rhythm chords could use a little cleaning up. once the other tracks come in, this song is gold! solid backing track very cool sounding. someone above mentioned a cruise ship dancing song, i totally agree. good stuff sof slow dancing. the leads are amazing, good jazz phrasing and very clean smooth tone on the fast runs. i am very impressed with this song as a whole. i dont play much jazz, so i couldnt really comment on your playing any more than that.
i like it, quality of recording and playing wise you have a finished some here.
Quote by diablo_man
the very first set of rhythm chords could use a little cleaning up.

Yep, I'm surprised you're the first one to notice.
great latin feel, i liked it. great backing track

i made a jazzy rock song based off St. Tomas
check it out
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799082
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
The production quality was AMAZING.
And you are a very talented guitarist! Great job, I really enjoyed listening to that
Quote by GuitarGrrl16
The production quality was AMAZING.
And you are a very talented guitarist! Great job, I really enjoyed listening to that

Thanks. Do you have any songs you'd want me to comment on?
Makes me miss playing jazz with my teacher back home...
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.