anyone know any exercises i can do to increase my finger picking speed? i constantly practice the runs im trying to get up to tempo, but does anyone know any exercises i can do in order to pick faster so i can build my speed while away from my bass?

thanks
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by burgurhead1812
anyone know any exercises i can do to increase my finger picking speed? i constantly practice the runs im trying to get up to tempo, but does anyone know any exercises i can do in order to pick faster so i can build my speed while away from my bass?

thanks

can u play with three fingers yet
I've been wondering this too. I can play fairly fast (straight 16th notes at 120 BPM), but I want to increase my speed. Also I'd rather do it using 2 fingers, as it's more comfortable.
Quote by funk king
can u play with three fingers yet

yes...and i can play straight 16ths at 144bpm but thats usually only between notes on the same string (like a punk bassline) rather than skipping strings and making bassruns for solos
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by burgurhead1812
yes...and i can play straight 16ths at 144bpm but thats usually only between notes on the same string (like a punk bassline) rather than skipping strings and making bassruns for solos

Damn, I thought I was doing decent at 120 BPM... I'd rather not learn to play with 3 fingers mostly because I know it's possible to play faster with 2 fingers.
Scales or arpeggios with a metronome. Yes, its dead boring, but it works. Start slow and push up the BPM when you can do it 5x in a row with a good tone. It don't mean squat if you can play fast but it sounds like crap. speed < accuracy with good tone.
^ Yeah, with emphasis on the 5X part. I usually do it until I can feel my wrist start burning a little bit, then I play it until it's unbearable. No pain no gain
Quote by pentagram_man63
OR, if youre REALLY hardcore, you can try DROP C!!!!!!!!!!! TEH R0XXXX0RRRZZ!!!!!!!1111ONEONE!!!!111

I Need A Better Sig