I'm looking into the ESP LTD MH-103 guitar. It's about 280 bucks, I think, and it has some qualities that I like. For one, it seems to be built for rock/metal. It has 3 pickups, one humbucker and 2 single coils, 24 frets, made of agathis, has a floyd rose tremolo, apparently, and is RG style. I'm just wondering if this guitar would be good.

I like to play metal, rock, and occasionally some lighter stuff, so I want a nice clear tone, too.
The body is basswood, the tremolo is a poor-quality LFR and the pickups probably aren't great. It would make a decent entry level guitar but that's about it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
In that price range I would avoid trems altogether.

Otherwise, I think the LTDs are good guitars for the money. I have a EC-100QM and I love it. Fast neck low action and decent pickups.

DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
I have a LTD EC-400 Archtop and it was like $450 so it may be a little better of a guitar than the one you're looking at, but if you're asking about LTDs in general, I'd say it's a good buy if you have a very limited budget. I love mine and haven't bought a new one yet because it's just that much better than those others in it's price range. The cleans actually sound very good as well.. so in my experience, LTD is a good buy, but go to like musiciansfriend.com and search for that guitar and read all the reviews on it.
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
Would I be better off with an Ibanez fixed bridge?

I really don't like the Jackson flying Vs and whatnot.
Most of those LTD's are pretty good. But you should stay away from a trem like mentioned previously.
In your price range, honestly, you'd be better off with any non-trem bridge.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
The 103's actually made of Basswood (the website' just been redone). If you can block it off, it may be worthwhile, since ESP guitars are quite well done for the price. If you can live with H-H configurations, look into the MH-NT series.