Has anyone ever used these before? I'm leaving home to live in Halls of Residence at college soon so I was looking to buy some recording gear for my laptop that is relatively inexpensive. I was looking at cheap condensers and I saw the Blue 8 Ball mic. It looks pretty cool and it's pretty cheap (£60). I'd be running it through a pre-amp then lining into my laptop.

It was either that or getting the MXL 990/991 recording pack (£90). Seems like a good idea to me considering it's 2 mics...

And for dynamic mics I was either thinking SM57 or (depending on the reaction to Blue mics...) the Blue Ball. Any other dynamics that are cheap (£0.01-100) that would be better. It'd be mainly for recording electric guitar and occasionally snare.

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Last edited by alliwant at Feb 20, 2008,
a friend of mine has the blue ball condensor mic, he them quite a bit.
Cream fan club member #11.
Nice. Is there any chance you could get me a soundbyte of the recording quality?
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society