You heard me,
I have a £400 budget you can go over a bit
Please include links to websites used

I'm looking for future proofing/ an upgradable friendly system, for gaming mostly. NO VISTA

best spec wins
Founder of the UG Church of Nihilists pm to join

Trust in me and fall aswell.
Walking into a store that sells computers and saying those exact words will be far more productive.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
do you have anything you can salvage from an old system?

If you do you could probably manage to build one for £400, but to future proof it you'd be blowing 1/4 to a 1/3 of your budget on a motherboard alone.
Kinda came out wrong, it was more whats the best spec can you create for £400,
I'm not that great at it and im trying to get a broad spectrum of opinions

Quote by freedoms_stain
do you have anything you can salvage from an old system?

If you do you could probably manage to build one for £400, but to future proof it you'd be blowing 1/4 to a 1/3 of your budget on a motherboard alone.

Old pc is a 3 year old dell dimension 5100
1 gb ram
3.0 ghz single core
nvidia geforce 6800

i would but i dont know what UK pricing is like.

start off with a q6600 processor, 8800GT or 8800GTS 512MB and 2GB RAM and you can't go wrong after that.

all you have to do is decide how big you want your hard drive and find a motherboard with all the features you want. ASUS make great mobo's by the way
Quote by Diamond Dave
i would but i dont know what UK pricing is like.

start off with a q6600 processor, 8800GT or 8800GTS 512MB and 2GB RAM and you can't go wrong after that.

all you have to do is decide how big you want your hard drive and find a motherboard with all the features you want. ASUS make great mobo's by the way

For all that lot you would go over budget i think. I just ordered myself a new computer with a 8800GT Q6600 2GB 800mhz RAM and it came to 700 ood, then again I didn't build it myself.

Probably best to aim at a mid range Dual Core chip and a 8800 or 8600 Graphics card.

Go for intel over AMD even though AMD are slightly cheaper.