Alright so I've got this

Blue with flamed maple top.
I want to paint it like this

Pulled that from EMG's myspace under Users guitar or something like that.
But my only problem is when I bought the guitar the guy at the shop said it would be a great project to refinish it. But he recommended to paint it the same color.. so A) Why would he say this? B) Whats the best paint to use and still keep the top showing through??
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
all they did in that picture was sand off the top of the guitar, not touchign the sides, then probably just whiped on some sealer to the wood. thats flamed maple wood, not paint if you were wondering
Quote by LP Addict
all they did in that picture was sand off the top of the guitar, not touchign the sides, then probably just whiped on some sealer to the wood. thats flamed maple wood, not paint if you were wondering

I know its wood, I meant what paint to use to keep the nice of a white but not to paint over it
if that makes sense.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
they didnt use any paint on that bro. probably just clearcoated it after sanding the wood appropriately. you never know what color your wood will be after you take that paint off. it could be darker, maybe lighter. you can get some mark-kate stain fromm warmoth if you want. that would maybe help
If you want it white then you could do a white wash. That will whiten the wood but you would still see the grain.
Quote by kingnothing7718
If you want it white then you could do a white wash. That will whiten the wood but you would still see the grain.

alright sweet
thanks bro
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Be VERY careful sanding, as you will go right through that veneer. Why would you want to copy someone else's mod though? Part of the reason he recommended you keep it the same color as that tends to look rather odd like it is unless you stain the top red or something.