Page 4 of 20
Any bands out there similar to Flyleaf?

Also any similar to Sunny Day Real Estate or meWithoutYou?
Quote by willis4
Any bands out there similar to Flyleaf?

Also any similar to Sunny Day Real Estate or meWithoutYou?

Well, obvious answers are Moss Icon, Promise Ring, Texas is the Reason, etc for SDRE.

However, for MWY, not really able to say anyone really sounds like them.. Maybe Sonic Youth. However, if you are looking for the sound they had on Bullet to Binary, maybe check out La Dispute and some real screamo like Saetia.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by JustMimes
Well, obvious answers are Moss Icon, Promise Ring, Texas is the Reason, etc for SDRE.

However, for MWY, not really able to say anyone really sounds like them.. Maybe Sonic Youth. However, if you are looking for the sound they had on Bullet to Binary, maybe check out La Dispute and some real screamo like Saetia.

Thanks Ill check them out later when I get home from work.
I'm looking for anything similar to Daggermouth, Set Your Goals, or early Saves the Day if anyone can help
Early Saves the Day=Lifetime

So Lifetime.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Latterman? They're alittle different though; more pop punky.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Dial up blows... I can't delete the thread but I'll post here now..

My iTunes works now... I'm looking for some post-hardcore-ish stuff... or some screamo... Suggestions?
Examples of bands you like now?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Hmmm... I love old Saosin, TFOT, and I'm digging Drive Like Jehu these days as well...
I never really had much screamo... But I liked Hot Cross, Neil Perry, and Angel hair... But really anything will do.
for Neil Perry:

Usurp Synapse
Kodan Armada
Jerome's Dream
Anger Is Beautiful
Ampere
Mohinder
Makara
Assfactor 4
The Autokinoton
Bucket Full of Teeth
Orchid
The Book Of Dead Names
Bravo F*cking Bravo
Choke Their Rivers With Our Dead
Dear Diary I Seem to Be Dead

try those, some of them don't follow the exacty neil perry sound, some are more melodic and a tad slower, but all are very good. as for post-hardcore, i can't help you there.
Wow... Thanks man.. Now for some Post-Hardcore... I forgot to mention that I'm also a Thrice guy...
Quote by GreenSaosiner
Wow... Thanks man.. Now for some Post-Hardcore... I forgot to mention that I'm also a Thrice guy...

Post-hardcore:
Fugazi
Drive like Jehu
At the Drive-in
Thursday
Circle takes the Square
The Fall of Troy
Jawbox
Glassjaw
Rites of Spring
Gray Matter
Embrace
Alexisonfire
Nation of Ulysses
two and a half men.
I definetly wouldn't call Circle Takes the Square Post Hardcore (even though they're amazing). I wouldn't consider Embrace or The Fall of Troy Post Hardcore either.
For post-hardcore..

At the Drive-In
Bear Vs Shark
Hot Cross
Glassjaw (Their genre is arguable.)
La Dispute
mewithoutYou

please listen to all of these. mwY has steadily gotten lighter, but listen to their first release.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by JustMimes
For post-hardcore..

At the Drive-In
Bear Vs Shark
Hot Cross
Glassjaw (Their genre is arguable.)
La Dispute
mewithoutYou

please listen to all of these. mwY has steadily gotten lighter, but listen to their first release.

Wait... mewithoutYou post hardcore? I haven't heard every one of their songs, but from what I've heard, album and how they play live, they aren't towards that 'genre'

(trying to give my unbiased opinion. (lol?) But yeah, they seem more indie/experimental type deal (nmh wanna be? Hah, kiddingg). Thick distortion, some delay effects, but based around that sort of guitar sound and semi-acoustic with the occasional "off the wall" instrument (trumpet, accordion, maracas, etc.). I like that 'song about a sweater')
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I've only heard Brother, Sister which is their latest release, but it doesn't really sound post-hardcore. Maybe their older stuff is.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Their newer stuff is far lighter than the older. In my opinion, A->B Life (their first album) is a great post hardcore album...

Bullet to Binary
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3SpBuh0gtv4
Silencer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I2bjV9jX8_A

The two best from their debut, though I love all of it.
I love their new sound too, though.

Quote by lordofthefood1
Wait... mewithoutYou post hardcore? I haven't heard every one of their songs, but from what I've heard, album and how they play live, they aren't towards that 'genre'

(trying to give my unbiased opinion. (lol?) But yeah, they seem more indie/experimental type deal (nmh wanna be? Hah, kiddingg). Thick distortion, some delay effects, but based around that sort of guitar sound and semi-acoustic with the occasional "off the wall" instrument (trumpet, accordion, maracas, etc.). I like that 'song about a sweater')

I love NMH, but nah... they always give me more of a Sonic Youth "talking over Indie Music" type vibe on their last two albums.
Last edited by JustMimes at Jul 14, 2008,
hmm im looking for some more music... some of my favorite bands atm are

Alk3
Thrice
Four Year Strong
Chiodos
Taking Back Sunday
Sugarcult

id also like to have some more just chill, roll the windows down music
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Alk3- The Ergs, The Queers, The Lawrence Arms, Jawbreaker
Thrice- Hot Cross, At the Drive In, Bear vs. Shark, Minus the Bear, These Arms Are Snakes (Some of these I'm not sure if they relate perfectly, but they're all good bands)
Four Years Strong- Set Your Goals, New Found Glory

For some more "chill" music, check out some early-mid 90's emo like Texas is the Reason, Mineral, Christie Front Drive, Sunny Day Real Estate
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by wshnationals
hmm im looking for some more music... some of my favorite bands atm are

Alk3
Thrice
Four Year Strong
Chiodos
Taking Back Sunday
Sugarcult

id also like to have some more just chill, roll the windows down music

Dinosaur jr is pretty chill
two and a half men.
Quote by element4433
Alk3- The Ergs, The Queers, The Lawrence Arms, Jawbreaker
Thrice- Hot Cross, At the Drive In, Bear vs. Shark, Minus the Bear, These Arms Are Snakes (Some of these I'm not sure if they relate perfectly, but they're all good bands)
Four Years Strong- Set Your Goals, New Found Glory

For some more "chill" music, check out some early-mid 90's emo like Texas is the Reason, Mineral, Christie Front Drive, Sunny Day Real Estate

thanks alot, even though i was familiar with all of those except a few. i LOVE minus the bear, i should have put them in that list too.

recommend me some more stuff like Minus The Bear?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by wshnationals
thanks alot, even though i was familiar with all of those except a few. i LOVE minus the bear, i should have put them in that list too.

recommend me some more stuff like Minus The Bear?

Not exactly the same but still good:
Maps and Atlases
Faraquet
The Slip
Built to Spill
Mew
Pinback
The Shins
well, I'm no expert on choosing genres, but I've heard that bands such as ATDI, Finch, Saosin, Chiodos, and Circa Survive are all "Post-Harcore."

I'm not sure if this is true or not (It doesn't seem right to me since Post-Hardcore sounds a lot heavier than those bands are ) but anyways, what are some bands like those. I'm really getting into that sound.

If you need more specifics, here's some aspects I'm looking for.

1. Melodic Vocals and Some Screaming/Yelling
2. Cool Riffs and some "crushing" guitarwork
3. lots of upbeat songs with some really awesome ballads
4. sort of an "epic" sound

you guys know what I like, hit me with some amazingness.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
well, I'm no expert on choosing genres, but I've heard that bands such as ATDI, Finch, Saosin, Chiodos, and Circa Survive are all "Post-Harcore."

I'm not sure if this is true or not (It doesn't seem right to me since Post-Hardcore sounds a lot heavier than those bands are ) but anyways, what are some bands like those. I'm really getting into that sound.

As Cities Burn
Bear vs Shark
Grade
Moneen
Quote by Its_Rock77

Bear vs Shark is exactly what you want. ATDI is definitely what I'd call post-hardcore, though I'd hesitate with the other ones.

Also, if you are looking for a more... depressing post-hardcore album, check out mewithoutYou's A->B Life. It's far different then their new sound, so don't judge them based on the new songs.
Quote by JustMimes
Bear vs Shark is exactly what you want. ATDI is definitely what I'd call post-hardcore, though I'd hesitate with the other ones.

Also, if you are looking for a more... depressing post-hardcore album, check out mewithoutYou's A->B Life. It's far different then their new sound, so don't judge them based on the new songs.
I was obsessed with that a week ago.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I was obsessed with that a week ago.

Currently am.

Really, it's impossible to go wrong with Silencer, Nice and Blue, and Bullet to Binary. The whole album is great, but the band will never top those again in my opinion.
I like their newer stuff, it's just different.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I like their newer stuff, it's just different.

I like them too, I just really thought that those songs conveyed the emotion better than they do now. I think Brother Sister was a pretty good album.
thanks guys.

I shall be checking those bands out.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
You've probably heard them, but if not check out Thursday.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

i heard some really good up n coming bands at warped if anyone wants to look em up on myspace
uh, oh, explosion
crash car burn
t13c
barely blind
the lordz(hip hop punk mix)
MCR FAN 405

originally posted by diveright
for one does not simply walk in to a spinning propeller

Originally posted by BLToast
Buckethead is the meaning of awesome
I'm liking Bear Vs. Shark.

how come bands break up?