Page 1 of 2
Im not sure if i am
but maybe.
in your experiances how were you able to tell
Doesn't everyone have something their OCD about?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Feb 20, 2008,
wtf is and OCDer?
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
****in sucks doesn't it haha
mine wasn't real bad until about 2 months ago and its been hell on earth since

follow the pattern.....

does that bug you?

I'm just wondering, because I never fully understood how the disorder works.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Feb 20, 2008,
The Fulltone pedal?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
no you are not
but you should really try to stop some of it, it goes away after a while
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by Kjoyea
Im not sure if i am
but maybe.
in your experiances how were you able to tell

idk how others feel but with me its basically a constant feeling of worry and uncertainty which picks on an insecurity to feed on and grow, the more you try to rationalize and fight the thoughts, the stronger they get and the worse your overall obsession becomes.

but yeah i realized there was something wrong when it got to the point where i was having multiple panic attacks a day + obsessions on my mind from the second i wake up until the second i go to bed
I'm willing to bet the majority (most likely ALL) of you people dont have OCD.
Quote by dudetheman

follow the pattern.....

does that bug you?

yeah thats actually bugging me...
Quote by DanRev
I'm willing to bet the majority (most likely ALL) of you people dont have OCD.

I'm willing to not give a flying f*ck.
I'm uber OCD about having everything centered...

like this
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Is it ocd that you have thoughts that you dont believe in at all, like hitting a loved one or something, then having a different twitch to counter it?
I re-tune my guitar every 30 minutes. I always try to re-adjust my graphics settings (every time i play) in a game to get good performance. Always cleaning stuff. I guess I do have OCD.
Quote by Kjoyea
yeah thats actually bugging me...

Ok, I'll fix it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman

follow the pattern.....

does that bug you?

Actually, yeah it is. But im not OCD, so thats kinda pointless
Quote by Kjoyea
Is it ocd that you have thoughts that you dont believe in at all, like hitting a loved one or something, then having a different twitch to counter it?

yeah kind of, not all people have physical compulsions, some people try to neutralize the thoughts with the opposite, others try an avoid situations that would bring the thoughts up, but yeah some people have the physical stuff ex) guy puts his hands in his pockets near his children because hes afraid he'll hit them (bad example but you get the idea)
Quote by dudetheman

follow the pattern.....

does that bug you?

Get that away from me! Ahh

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
you are not alone, my friend.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Everyone has certain obsessive/compulsive habits.

People are only considered to have an Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder when these habits become destructive or interfere with a person's daily life or ability to function in society.

Always putting on your right shoe before your left=obsessive compulsive
Having to pull fallen hairs off the shirt of the girl sitting in front of you=obsessive compulsive

returning home after leaving in the morning to check that you didn't leave anything on/unlocked to the point where you're fired from your job=an obsessive compulsive disorder
Quote by BluesLP1990
Everyone has certain obsessive/compulsive habits.

People are only considered to have an Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder when these habits become destructive or interfere with a person's daily life or ability to function in society.

Having to pull fallen hairs off the shirt of the girl sitting in front of you=obsessive compulsive

returning home after leaving in the morning to check that you didn't leave anything on/unlocked to the point where you're fired from your job=an obsessive compulsive disorder

I don't always put my right shoe on before my left, I don't pull the hairs off of the shirt of the girl in front of me, I don't go back to check if I locked everything.

I guess I'm an exception.
Follow me on Twitter
I am to a certain extent. Like, after I've gone to bed, I'll have to go downstairs to make sure that all the computer and all the lights are off, or that the door is locked, or that the cat isn't locked in some obscure closet. Usually I'll do it at least twice. There's other things I do too but that's the main one.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
i have to do stuff to balance each side out... but not OCD
just kinda do it
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
ocd is overrated
hardcore.till.i.die
proud subscriber to the Official Bodybuilding and Nutrition Thread.
how about if you hit one finger you have to hit them all, and sometimes if you hit one too hard you have to go back and hit the others to even it out.
that happens to me alot
counting things randomly too such as steps and lines on a wall.
I have CDO, it's like OCD only I like the letters in alphabetical order.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Last edited by black007hawk2 at Feb 20, 2008,
Nope, but I do have a rather obsessive compulsive nature in general. Nowhere near to the point of it being a problem though, hence "disorder".

I can't stand people putting the milk in tea before they put the sugar in, for example. These people must burn.
I used to be really bad, I had rituals for everything from starting my motorcycle to starting my computer, to combing my hair... I don't mean like simple checklists... I mean like counting to ten 3 times between steps. My favorite numbers were 10 and 3, sometimes 5. lol
I know what every single setting in Windows and all my applications do and what they're set at. I keep a log file of everything in case I need to reinstall Windows.
So I guess I still am pretty bad. umm...
Also I got into the Navy a few months ago and the one thing they keep pounding into us ver batim is "attention to detail"... I can't help but grin.
i'm pretty obsesive compulsive, but i don't know if it disrupts my life since i have always done it and most people that know me just get used to me being wierd with a whole bunch of random stuff. so not disorder but obsessive. but i am very perfectionist/anal retentive. which are actually the same thing but different degrees. i am perfectionist so it kinda explains some of the obsesivness :/
Quote by RawrDemon
"Side effects may include... INVOLUNTARY ANAL DISCHARGE."

Scitzo of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join.
I think if the subject OCD gets brought up, people think of things they do, and start believing that they have it.
Follow me on Twitter
And now all the self-diagnosed morons crawl out of the woodworks.

No, not really. It would only be obsessive compulsive if putting on your right shoe first was a compulsion used to relieve the anxiety brought on by another obsession.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I was diagnosed with OCD over a year ago, and have been taking meds for liek 5 months, but they suck so Istopped taking them like two weeks ago and actually feel better. I completely lost my sex drive, started gaining weight, slept like a mofo, and they didn't work at all.

OCD sucks.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
actually.

when i sleep at home. i have to go to the toilet, have a drink, go to the toilet again and have a last drink. then when im about to go to bed, i turn round and have another ****ing drink - as though im going to dehydrate or something :s Im not sure if that qualifies.

Also ive been since seeing one of those stupid adverts for cancer when i was really young it talked about how he "discovered lumps in his throat and died 2 weeks after the ad was made" ive always thought everything ive had to be a symptom of cancer. swollen lymph nodes and tonsils etc ive had for ages and particuarly scare me - running a search on google for my symptoms doesnt help either...

At one point I was returning to the doctors every day. Only to be told its nothing an prescribed with more and more antibiotics. I posted a few threads on here concerningit and all.

I think thats something else though.
I've been here since '04.

Quote by black007hawk2
I have CDO, it's like OCD only I like the letters in alphabetical order.

sigged
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Page 1 of 2