Ok, I'm ready to buy a new guitar, and I've decided that it has to be an Ibanez. I know Ibanez offers guitars which work well with metal and jazz, a perfect combination for me, because I play both. Ibanez is known for this and having excellent quality guitars at affordable prices. Now I'm willing to spend up to $1000 if I have to, but I'd like to spend a little less if possible. I know a bit about the technicalities of guitars, but not a huge amount to be able to buy a guitar on the spot.

I think I've narrowed it down to the RG Tremolo (I need something with tremolo capabilities), the RG Prestige, the RGA Prestige, or the S Prestige. I would preferably like the neck-thru types and with active pickups. I'd like the H-S-H pick-up format and definitely 24 frets.

If a few people want to shed their insight, and guide me in the right direction, that would be awesome, or if you have any other suggestions, I'm open to anything. Anything at this point would be great.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Quote by Shredder666
Ok, I'm ready to buy a new guitar, and I've decided that it has to be an Ibanez. I know Ibanez offers guitars which work well with metal and jazz, a perfect combination for me, because I play both. Ibanez is known for this and having excellent quality guitars at affordable prices. Now I'm willing to spend up to $1000 if I have to, but I'd like to spend a little less if possible. I know a bit about the technicalities of guitars, but not a huge amount to be able to buy a guitar on the spot.

I think I've narrowed it down to the RG Tremolo (I need something with tremolo capabilities), the RG Prestige, the RGA Prestige, or the S Prestige. I would preferably like the neck-thru types and with active pickups. I'd like the H-S-H pick-up format and definitely 24 frets.

If a few people want to shed their insight, and guide me in the right direction, that would be awesome, or if you have any other suggestions, I'm open to anything. Anything at this point would be great.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

A few points of info (most which you'll probably know):

-the RGA doesn't have a tremolo, although it is a great guitar

-the RGT would be what you're looking for, just make sure it's a Prestige (the more expensive versions). They have a neck through design, HSH, 24 frets and a good trem.

-don't go for a tremolo equipped non-Prestige RG or RGT.

-most Ibanez guitars have a bolt on joint. They also have the AANJ neck joint which makes upper fret access very easy, so no worries there

-nearly all Ibanez guitars come with passive pickups. Keep in mind that actives might not be ideal for jazz.

If you really want a whammy, with a 1000$ budget you're not going to get a new RGT Prestige. Look at the RG2550Z or the RG2570 since both of those should be within reach.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 20, 2008,
the S series is great, but i would suggest looking into the double cut artcore. Now just take my word for it, i got some of the thickest, sickest metal tones out of that. give it a shot. Or an Ibanez AX. Just designs with longevity. The S series would be my choice out of the 3 though.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Have you tried some Ibanezes out? The ones that I've tried, I've found the necks a bit too thin for my liking. I prefer the strat's neck really, but then most strats don't have two humbuckers and a locking trem ...