ok, i was practicing sweeping yesterday when i stumbled across a technique that i wondered was real or not. here it is

All the picking is sweeping
e--------------------------------------------------12h15--15p12---------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------12h15--------------------15p12------------------------------
G--------------------------------12h14--------------------------------------14p12--------------------
D-----------------------12h14--------------------------------------------------------14p12----------
A--------------12h14--------------------------------------------------------------------------14p12---
E----12h15--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------15p12

i was wonering if this has a name, is it used regularly, and if so where could i hear it?
this seems like it would make notes fly by ultra-fast.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Wouldn't it just be legato?

Actually... I'd call it hammering on/pulling off
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Last edited by ibanez_rocker at Feb 20, 2008,
check out videos on guitarworld.com, batio had an exercise with it in an issue about a month or two ago, and there is a video of him doing it on the cdthat came with the magazine, search the site, and you will prob find it there too
...all you did was sweep pick the minor pentatonic scale. Not really a technique.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
This is actually called "reverse cross-hammer/pull-around legato sweep trilling"
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
a technique that i wondered was real or not

Its definetly fake.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
First two posters have the same avatar.
Lol.
And according to the tab there, it's sweep picking. :3
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
...all you did was sweep pick the minor pentatonic scale. Not really a technique.

just using it as an example
Quote by NorfIrIon
First two posters have the same avatar.
Lol.
And according to the tab there, it's sweep picking. :3

i wrote that just to show the picking technique.

so thanks for all your replies. i know i looked stupid but there really wasnt any way to NOT sound stupid.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by GuitarNinja12
Its definetly fake.

lol. i just realized how retarded that was.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

its not even sweep picking, its just hammering on the pentatonic scale like someone already mentioned. its fast hammer ons. thats it, its not a technique and its defintately not sweep picking.
If it's the Michael Angelo Batio excercise (I'm sure he shows you that warm up in Speed Kills 2) then it's alternate picking (doing down), sweeping (going up) and legato (the hammer ons and pull offs)...
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
yea, its just legato. it doesnt necessarilary have to be in a sweep kinda motion. its just hamering on and pulling off. listen to any one song by iron maiden and you will hear the best legato you will ever hear
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
so my conclusion is legato, works for me, sorry for the bother all.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

well in some youtube video dragon force saying. betcha cant play this. he does that. but i dont think thats sweeping.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing