I started playing guitar about two years ago and Im playing battle of the bands in a couple months, and I plan on gigging alot after and I need a gig amp. I play metal. thats it. I like this guys tone. how can I get this sound. i have his same guitar too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0z5wNuhQbk
Bogner Uberschall.
I recommend that because you didn't say what your budget is, so I assume you have a few grand at your disposal.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
If you like his tone, then go try out a Mesa. He's playing through a Mesa Dual Rectifier in that vid.

EDIT: Assuming you have the money.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Archeo Avis
Bogner Uberschall.
I recommend that because you didn't say what your budget is, so I assume you have a few grand at your disposal.

sorry I forgot... I only want to spend close to a thousand
Quote by flonkas
sorry I forgot... I only want to spend close to a thousand

If you're willing to go used, you might be able to score a Single Rectifier for around that much. You might also look into a few of Peavey's amplifiers (the XXX and the JSX (used) come to mind)
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
If you're willing to go used, you might be able to score a Single Rectifier for around that much. You might also look into a few of Peavey's amplifiers (the XXX and the JSX (used) come to mind)

Ah, I forgot about Peavey. The XXX would be great for you as well, or maybe a used 5150/6505.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
How bought a nice tube combo then buying an OD.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by hendrix4934

.........*sigh*
Quote by hendrix4934

what do you think about the peavey valve king halfstack?
Quote by flonkas
I started playing guitar about two years ago and Im playing battle of the bands in a couple months, and I plan on gigging alot after and I need a gig amp. I play metal. thats it. I like this guys tone. how can I get this sound. i have his same guitar too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0z5wNuhQbk

tell me you don't also have the same gay ass hair-don't and eye make up "he" has too.

Try a mesa rec. It's what he's playing through....

for your budget look at a B52 AT series. It'll get that tone and fit your budget.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Last edited by brianthemayan at Feb 20, 2008,
Quote by brianthemayan
tell me you don't also have the same gay ass hair-don't and eye make up "he" has too.

Try a mesa rec. It's what he's playing through....

for your budget look at a B52 AT series. It'll get that tone and fit your budget.

I dont have hair like him or makeup but his hair is badass dude.... dont be a typical ****ing antiemo metalhead.
Quote by flonkas
I dont have hair like him or makeup but his hair is badass dude.... dont be a typical ****ing antiemo metalhead.

Wow!!! It seems I pushed some buttons!.... but a few things to clear up for you...

1) Where in my post did you see me mention ANYTHING about EMO? Do you know something I don't? Is the player in that vid a self proclaimed EMO?

2) I am not, never have I been, nor ever will be a METAL HEAD. What is that anyway?

3) His hair is not bad ass. It is f'n stoopid. It is the modern equivalent of the mullet or the "hair band" look of the 80's...big poofy banged long hair permed out with spandex. Lame and Tacky. In 10 years from now he will feel like a fool and hide all pictures/vids of him sporting it, and his friends will make fun of him for it.

4) That whole "wanting to be different just like all the other different people I want to be like". Anyone who associates a "look" with an identity is just asking to get f'd with. He could be completely cool dude.. I never said otherwise... I just stated that is hair was stoopid. Its cool if he wants to sport that hair don't.... I'm not saying he can't, but don't get all whiney when someone points at it and says "stoopid".

Now.... back to the topic... any decisions on amp choices? Have you gone down to the music store (with your guitar and pedals) and tried some out?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Quote by flonkas

He's a bit gay aint he
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000