I've been playing for around 3 years now but there always has been two things that I'm not so good that and I'm hoping I can get some decent advice.
1) I find that i play very sloppy around frets 18-22. Whenever I play around there, I have to angle my fret hand differently than normal and it makes it difficult to play.

2) I have trouble pulling off to open notes. I can do regular pulloffs just fine but when it comes to pulling off to open notes, I do it very sloppy.

Any advice would be helpful. No flaming please (I know i suck).

Edit: My guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. 22 frets
Last edited by Dr.JimFeelgood at Feb 20, 2008,
1. I don't know what to tell you other than to practice playing up there so that your accuracy with those frets improves.

2. You might be pulling off too forcefully which would sound very twangy, or sound another note if you hit a different string while you're pulling off.
I know it sounds obvious.. but practice. slowly at first, and slowly build up speed. It's really the only way.
Nor less I deem that there are Powers
Which of themselves our minds impress;
That we can feed this mind of ours
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm
What type of guitar do you have? The shapes of some guitars allow easier high fret access than others.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom with 22 frets.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.