I asked my director if I could play the pepband songs on guitar sometime, and the response was affirmative.

I have some music in the key of C, because he told me to use that. Could I just take the note say it's.. F on the trebelclef scale and play it as 133xxx? I don't know my fretboard at all so I'm just playing powerchords to figure out what note they are with my tuner.

Does this make any sense and will it work?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
An F works with an F, yes.

And learn your fretboard, soldier! There is no 0, 3, 5,!
Last edited by akaDan at Feb 20, 2008,
can i use any F powerchord i find using my tuner? x81010xx is also.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

F on the treble clef is the first fret on the high e string or third fret on the d string. Depends on which F.

What part did he give you? If he gave you a piano part, then you're set. If not, I guess just figure out what chords sound best?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by tr3nt

That's F but an octave higher (it sounds higher). It's still the same.
Quote by firebreath07
F on the treble clef is the first fret on the high e string or third fret on the d string. Depends on which F.

What part did he give you? If he gave you a piano part, then you're set. If not, I guess just figure out what chords sound best?

Yeah I know that, but I want to play powerchords. He told me to take a flute part because guitar and flutes are in the key of C.

depends which instrument your looking at to transpose to guitar...piano, your fine. any wind besides flute, you have to change the notes into concert pitch.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Here's what I did:
I got a capo and tuned up (or down) to the key I needed to be in. Then I just played the song I needed to play.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by tr3nt

learn the notes on the E and A strings man, it's alot easier than using your tuner.

E-F-F#-G-G#-A-A#-B-C-C#-D-D#-E again

A, just start from A and proceed through the loop from there.
I've pretty much figured it out, using this flute part.

Quote by freedoms_stain
learn the notes on the E and A strings man, it's alot easier than using your tuner.

E-F-F#-G-G#-A-A#-B-C-C#-D-D#-E again

A, just start from A and proceed through the loop from there.

Rather, learn them all.
Quote by tr3nt
Yeah I know that, but I want to play powerchords. He told me to take a flute part because guitar and flutes are in the key of C.

Depends on what kind of music you're playing really... if it's normal concert band music power chords are NOT going to go well with it.

Open chords would be much better...
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by firebreath07
Depends on what kind of music you're playing really... if it's normal concert band music power chords are NOT going to go well with it.

Open chords would be much better...

It's fun music, not like concert music. Most of the stuff I can get on UG here like Iron Man, and Crazy Train, we play a lot of that kind of fun stuff for pep band. My drummer brings his kit and stuff so. It'll work

When you see an note, you can't just play it's corresponding powerchord. It will sound disgusting.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
When you see an note, you can't just play it's corresponding powerchord. It will sound disgusting.

Sounded right on to me. I'm using flute music which is in the same key.