Hey, I just started my new metal band, but I need feedback. WE JUST CREATED our myspace two days ago, so we need it fast. we have a gig in two days.

So help me out. It's www.myspace.com/ashesofgomorrah

Check out the first song called Order of the Bards. Then, if you feel froggy, listen to the second version with chick vocals and tell me which ones better. Qualities decent, so please don't go on rants about that. We're recording with an eight track.

Thanks guys.
If you were a man I would punch you. I would punch you right in the mouth.
your distortion really muddy, ease back on it a bit. although it might just be the recording. idk.

that being said, from what i could hear, you guys kept it pretty tight and the screaming vocals aren't sucky like a lot of indie metal bands

but i dont like the girl's singing. its flat and boring. tell her to falsetto a bit and project a bit more. also, she sang like less than a single octave. vary it up maybe.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by sixstringsteve
your distortion really muddy, ease back on it a bit. although it might just be the recording. idk.

that being said, from what i could hear, you guys kept it pretty tight and the screaming vocals aren't sucky like a lot of indie metal bands

but i dont like the girl's singing. its flat and boring. tell her to falsetto a bit and project a bit more. also, she sang like less than a single octave. vary it up maybe.

Thanks for the input. I completely agree with you on the girl part though, that's kind of a sticky situation I gotta work my way out of....lol.

Um, the recordings a little scratchy. But for some reason, my recording with just MY vocs won't upload. It's better all around.

Thanks again.
Pretty good but I agree with the other dude, you should drop the girl
ok al crit this song as i listen to it. firstly the chorus effect you have on the intro guitar, turn the depth down and speed it up a little so that it fits the tempo of the track. sixstringsteve is right the distortion is quite muddy and the guitars lack enough definition to push through the mix, the vocals sound really good though, good talent there, the drums need a lot of work particularly the kick drum which is completely indistinguishable. maybe add some EQ at 700 and 2500 Hz? anyway in regards to the song i like it, certainly better than a lot of the heavier stuff i hear from other gigging bands around here just listened to the version with the female vox on it, she isnt too bad but certainly not good enough. plus it just doesnt fit with that track.
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
Quote by notonlybutalso
ok al crit this song as i listen to it. firstly the chorus effect you have on the intro guitar, turn the depth down and speed it up a little so that it fits the tempo of the track. sixstringsteve is right the distortion is quite muddy and the guitars lack enough definition to push through the mix, the vocals sound really good though, good talent there, the drums need a lot of work particularly the kick drum which is completely indistinguishable. maybe add some EQ at 700 and 2500 Hz? anyway in regards to the song i like it, certainly better than a lot of the heavier stuff i hear from other gigging bands around here just listened to the version with the female vox on it, she isnt too bad but certainly not good enough. plus it just doesnt fit with that track.

Okay, sorry to keep bumping this thread, but I do have a question. I appreciate the crit and also the fact that you like the song...my question concerns the viewing of the songs. I keep visiting the site and the only version of "The Order of Bards" on there is actually with the girl vocs. Do you guys see the version with just my vocs and the better guitar sound? I don't see it on there.
yeah both versions were up there when i listened to it
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
Woah. The distortion is like horrid. The song is pretty tight, looks like you've got your stuff together. It's hard to get past that bad recording though. I didn't listen to the chick vocals, I'm REALLY not into chick vocals unless they are like amazing. New distortion, and you'll be good.