I got reccomended the Digitech Bad Monkey as a volume boost for my Mesa F30 in a previous thread, so I ordered it off zzounds this weekend and I got it today. Mistake. The only thing that it boosts is the gain, and it's only noticeable on my clean channel.

So, I'm now debating as to whether to get an EQ or a clean boost pedal. I'm a complete pedal n00b, so I'm not looking for anything professional- grade, obviously. I'd prefer to stay under $50 (the refund for my Bad Monkey), but I could go up to about $70 or so, I think. I just wouldn't like to.

I'm playing with a Gibson Les Paul Studio through a Mesa F30, and I'd be using this as a solo volume boost, NOT A GAIN BOOST.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
The only thing that it boosts is the gain, and it's only noticeable on my clean channel.

Check...check.

That's what a booster does. Even a 'clean' one.
Don't post two threads about the exact same subject. Your question has been answered already.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Don't post two threads about the exact same subject. Your question has been answered already.

who-ho-hoah!!! The first thread was about the problem with the Bad Monkey, and helped me decide to return it. This one's about suggestions for boost and/or EQ pedals.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
who-ho-hoah!!! The first thread was about the problem with the Bad Monkey, and helped me decide to return it. This one's about suggestions for boost and/or EQ pedals.

...which will do the exact same thing, which you already know because you asked this exact same question in your previous thread and got an answer.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by mr_hankey
Check...check.

That's what a booster does. Even a 'clean' one.

Well, this mentions adding up to 20 decibels of gain... that would make me significantly louder, no?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BBEBG

Quote by Archeo Avis
...which will do the exact same thing, which you already know because you asked this exact same question in your previous thread and got an answer.

Really? Because I've gotten a grand total of 0 suggestions for pedals in the other thread.
Last edited by hrdcorelaxplaya at Feb 20, 2008,
well one thing, isn't the bad monkey an overdrive pedal? Sounds like a stupid choice if all your looking for is a volume boost
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Well, this mentions adding up to 20 decibels of gain... that would make me significantly louder, no?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BBEBG

It will increase the gain.
After looking through your other thread, I saw that this was answered as well.

You have your answer, stop spamming up the forum. For further questions, stick to your old thread.
There's a multitude of options for you..... I hear good things about the BBE Boosta Grande pedal, it's just a straight volume boost that will likely add some heat and sustain to your sound without giving it any clip or graininess. It is designed to leave your guitar and amp's tonal character alone.

It goes for $79.99 on Musician's Friend.....

I use a Boss 7 band EQ that has a gain booster... I usually use the EQ for shaping my distorted sound, though, so I can't really say if it adds any noticeable tone difference on a clean sound.... I know it makes my distorted sound MUCH more in-your-face and gainey, like if you turned up the gain and presence on your amp or pedal.......but I doubt it will make much difference with a clean tone other than volume.
Quote by Archeo Avis
It will increase the gain.

Let's pretend I'm stupid. Will it increase the volume?

Honestly, I'm not trying to spam or anything, I started a thread that sort of branched off of an answer that I got in another. Since when is that a crime?
Get the Electro-Harmonix LPB-1. $40 and sounds better than a lot of boutique clean boosts