Page 1 of 2
Today would've been Kurt Cobain's birthday, if he was still alive. I wish he still was. Well anyway, I just thought id inform UG. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KURT!
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
on here who live in california who are willing to go out with me
We can send him an E-card =D
Quote by death101
ok heres the very sad deal i was wondering if there was any girls who love guitar and music
Happy Birthday Kurt Donald Cobain, May you rest in peace. No wonder I felt like playing only Nirvana songs today, I tried playing some RHCP but it didn't feel right.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Quote by MetallicaMan1
Today would've been Kurt Cobain's birthday, if he was still alive. I wish he still was. Well anyway, I just thought id inform UG. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KURT!
You do realize that if Kurt hadn't blown himself away, you probably wouldn't give a damn about him, right? Nirvana was huge, but Kurt being dead gives their stuff a huge boost.

EDIT: Not trying to threadkill or any such thing, just pointing something out.
Quote by Flying Couch
You do realize that if Kurt hadn't blown himself away, you probably wouldn't give a damn about him, right? Nirvana was huge, but Kurt being dead gives their stuff a huge boost.

You better not be, that is MY job.
Happy birfday.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
RIP Kurt...
Why does everyone hate Nirvana?

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
I'd rather celebrate April 4th.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Ah I'm listening to Nirvana as I type Smells Like Teen Spirit although he apparently hated the song but I like it so whatever.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Flying Couch

You do make a good point but i liked nirvana before i knew who kurt cobain was and when i said i wish he was still alive i meant so he could keeping making music
Quote by death101
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

If you are trying to be a dick you failed because it is April 5th so good job at being a prick.
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

It was april 5th and if you dislike him why are you here?
Quote by death101
Quote by tayroar
If you are trying to be a dick you failed because it is April 5th so good job at being a prick.

+1
Quote by death101
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
RIP
a true american poet, lost to the ages....*sigh*

No not lost to the ages in a twist of irony his death made him kind of an immortal among many people. His death kinda brought his music to other generations. From what Dave Grohl said he was breaking up the band anyway so he wouldn't have made music as wierd as it sounds Kurt's death is probably the best thing to happen to Nirvana.
Quote by MetallicaMan1
It was april 5th and if you dislike him why are you here?

Internet is serious business.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Dont flame Cobain, if you dont like him GTFO
Quote by death101
Quote by MetallicaMan1
Dont flame Cobain, if you dont like him GTFO

it's not that I don't like him...i don't like fanboys who have to try to parade any artist's existence. You don't see me starting threads about people--dead or alive--every single day. Go away with this
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
This is the first time ive made a thread about this and i was just telling the nirvana/cobain fans here on ug
Quote by death101
RIP
Absolutely tragic that he died. The world suffered a great loss when he took his life.
RIP Kurt.

I like Nirvana.

We should shoot off 20 gauge shotguns today...
Sig space for rent.
$100 obo
Message for negotiaton.
Quote by Flying Couch

LIES COURNTY LOVE KILLED HIM!!!!!!

edit: or at least drove him there
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
RIP
a true american poet, lost to the ages....*sigh*

Poet he was certainly not. Pioneer is the right word.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by ninja dude
LIES COURNTY LOVE KILLED HIM!!!!!!

edit: or at least drove him there

yeah, even if she didnt do it it was mostly her fault.
Courtney did not kill him. I wish she would've but she didn't. I agree she drove him to the point and I also agree she only married him to get here stupid hmbop band famous.
Quote by death101
Happy B day man. I totally forgot about today. I knew it was around this time. No wonder I wore a Nirvana shirt today. RIP
Quote by DashBlaster
Anybody know any Cobain jokes?

Here you go: http://www.amiright.com/jokes/cobainkurt.shtml

I'm not to big of a fan of Kurt's music, but I still respect the man. Happy birthday dude.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Msu_Man04
Happy Birthday, and Rest in Peace.

But if Kurt hadn't have died, my favorite band would not exist...

I'm torn.

Foo Fighters, or a bled-dry Nirvana?

Nirvana wouldn't have lasted forever. Every band with multiple music geniuses in it breaks up after a few years of success. Kurt and Dave would have gone their separate ways anyway.
Death to Ovation haters!
It's a shame he died, he was an amazing songwriter. Although I will say death immortalises. Shooting himself immortalised him.
Page 1 of 2