Well so far I've seen an "Ohio guitarist thread" and a North Carolinain Thread" but no Tennessee Thread. Consider this like a musicians exchange for just here in TN. I know I personally am looking for a local band to join or at least local muscians to start a band. What about everyone else? I'm sure I'm not the only Tennesseean guitarist
anybody playing anything to jam with. I play guitar and have for about 40 years. like anything from jazz to punk, although prefer jam band stuff, like Dead, Radiators, Panic, Phish, Gov't Mule, and stuff like Xavier Rudd, Michael Franti, John Butler.

It would be great to find some vocalists, drummers, percussionists, bass players, more guitarsists, keyboardist, wind players, etc. anybody out there?

Franklin county is about half way between Chat and Nash. I am doing a jam thing in a coffee shop with a few classic rock/ classic country cats, but would love to get something a little more creative started. maybe it will turn into something or maybe just a fun time only trying it will tell.

i spent a couple of years in a college music program in the 70's, played around a bit over the years since then and got away from it all for a while and moved around the country. now i am in TN.
i also played brass and woodwinds way back then , and still play a bit like a horn playa

I am not concerned with age or ability, just a need to play and a willingness to learn new stuff.

my gear:

PRS standard 22
Marshall JCM 800 50 watts combo 4010 (1x12, altered by an unscrupulous reparman with EL34's instead of 6550's, damn him)
Digitech RP5
No guitarists living in Tennessee around UG then?

Rhythm/wannabe lead guitarist living in Knoxville. Looking for someone to jam with, nothing really serious. I just need some band/group experience.

I'm influenced by Queen, Pink Floyd, The Who, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Beatles, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, Eric Johnson, The Ramones, Steve Vai, and Randy Rhodes.

I've played guitar seriously for a year or two, and I've had piano/general theory and music lessons for nearly nine years or so. I'm also flexible musicianship-wise, and can play bass, drums, keyboards, piano, and clarinet (aha.) if you supply them.

I'm open to nearly every kind of rock/metal/blues/jazz you could think of, major exceptions being pop-punk/emo/nu-metal and Rage Against the Machine type bands.

EDIT: And I'm also tempo-retarded, according to some of my friends. I've been working hard to keep my playing down to tempo, but I may play too fast.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Last edited by MusicalMinority at Mar 22, 2008,
Sevierville, TN. Dollywood FTW!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by MusicalMinority
No guitarists living in Tennessee around UG then?

Rhythm/wannabe lead guitarist living in Knoxville. Looking for someone to jam with, nothing really serious. I just need some band/group experience.

I'm influenced by Queen, Pink Floyd, The Who, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Beatles, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, Eric Johnson, The Ramones, Steve Vai, and Randy Rhodes.

I've played guitar seriously for a year or two, and I've had piano/general theory and music lessons for nearly nine years or so. I'm also flexible musicianship-wise, and can play bass, drums, keyboards, piano, and clarinet (aha.) if you supply them.

I'm open to nearly every kind of rock/metal/blues/jazz you could think of, major exceptions being pop-punk/emo/nu-metal and Rage Against the Machine type bands.

EDIT: And I'm also tempo-retarded, according to some of my friends. I've been working hard to keep my playing down to tempo, but I may play too fast.

hey, do you know any bassists or singers our age (high school, according to your profile) in our area that would be willing to sit in on a couple of sessions maybe?

We're trying to get a band together, and we lack a singer and a bassist
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
hey im from Tennessee i live in scott county only about 45 min away from Knoxville. i travel all the time but i mainly a classic rock man myself... ive never been in a band i would like to try it tho it least get the experience. Message me.!
greeneville here, though i'm not doing anything serious right now. i've played bass for adire & wikkid revenge.
In Joelton here, just north of Nashville.

I'm trying to start a stoner rock band with high-school age players. I need a bassist, drummer, lead guitarist, and possibly singer and keyboardist.

Referenced bands: Queens Of The Stone Age, Kyuss, Fu Manchu.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm from East Tennessee in the Jefferson County area. BFMV is my fav band too. They have to be the best band!!!
Kingsport here. About 30 minutes southwest of Bristol.

The music scene here isn't that great, which sucks because I'm dying to make a band and get gigging lol. Making a band is so hard though. I haven't found anyone that is serious about it, let alone has the same music interests as me. lol

I listen to everything but mainstream country and rap/hip-hop/that stuff.

I'm influenced by so much stuff it isn't funny. The first 3 are in order, the rest are just as I think. lol

Major Influences: Dream Theater, Opeth, Chiodos, Death Cab For Cutie, Porcupine Tree, Yes, Rush, Al DiMeola, In Flames, Joe Satriani, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Rammstein, Stevie Ray Vaughan, ELO, ELP.

I'm sure there's a lot more, but that's just the major ones (okay, well, a few of the more important "minor" influences are there too).
I'm in Jefferson County too. I have the majority of a band put together, i just need a vocalist and a drummer for a hard rock/ Metal band.
I'm in a band right now and we're writing like crazy, we just need a bassist. We're doing only originals at the moment and its stuff like BFMV, Slayer, Lamb Of God, A7X.

Anyone interested?
does it count if you just recently moved cause if so i lived in dover (around lbl) now i live in freakin arizona
I'm a guitarist that has a majority of a band put together. I only really need a drummer. I'm from the Knoxville area. It's a melodic/death metal/ progressive project that I've been working on since mid February. www.myspace.com/wasteandregret. lemme know if anybody is interested.
hey guys i just started learnin my guitar a few weeks ago and i live in NW Knoxville, Im into A7X, Metallica, and just about anything
Quote by Ahyoka
Pop goes the weasel...with the casket closed

Quote by Jsteele1408
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote by Tastytaco
mmm... if a girl has Tourette's and screams "f*** me!", would that be consent?

PSN: jermstar44
Im actually from Greeneville and Knoxville sorta... switch from week to week... but im into pretty much anything... blues... neoclassical... metal... rock... pretty much anything and everything
<<<<Memphis,Rhythm Guitarist (or really incompetent lead),Only been playing for a year and some months,and I've made very little progress. I know zippo about theory,even basic theory (or tuning and chords for that matter)...I just set the metronome,play,record,and tab it out.

I play Heavy Metal/Speed Metal,i.e. Anvil,Savage Grace,Venom,Raven,Judas Priest,Tank,and Motorhead,with heavy influences from Black Sabbath,and song structures reminiscent of AJFA Metallica.

TALK TO MEH...I NEEDZ FWIENDZ
Im from Murfreesboro Tennessee...anyone around here play 7 strings or anything in the 7 string tunign range? Or play death metal/ deathcore/metalcore/ watever else along those lines???

Oh FYI 8 string Agile on the way too so about to be lower tuned but if you wanna Jam and are in Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Lavergne area of tennessee let me know
Anyone know somebody who can do Post-hardcore type vocals? Like screaming and singing?
Last edited by 3rdActguitarist at Nov 23, 2009,
I'm from Knoxville, looking to start something withing the Pop-punk/Powerpop genre but can't find ANYONE!
You guys notice that most of us are in NE Tn, around Knoxtucky to Bristolvania?

Greeneville here. Songwriter, music & lyrics, pushing 50 years since my Nashville session man uncle taught me G, C and D chords, already 40 years since I wrote my first song. I write/play anything, as long as it's interesting, artful, unique, etc. Can't abide doing the same old stuff as everyone. Into art rock kind of, and building several styles or sounds into a balanced whole. People I find interesting are Rodrigo y Gabriela, Jean-Michel Jarre, Mike Oldfield. Got a band that wants some original stuff that's not same-old, and someone who can bring every instrument up to speed? And how about acoustic and recording engineering? Over 30 years there, including a professional radio DJ job, almost qualified for Grammies. And if you need someone to play also, I drive a nice compact Tele copy by Johnson, a Fender Frontman 65R pushing a 100W x 2 PA/amp booster made from stereo equipment.

Want to do some face to face? I recommend Ella's in Greeneville (central to most people responding here). Very musician friendly place, Open mike (they have PA, you bring amp) first Monday of every month. Anyone interested send a PM here and we'll trade outside email and make plans. Next open mike night is June 7. Be a good time to meet even if nobody plays.
Karns, in Knoxville. Blues, Rock, Experimental, Jam....Heavy blues influence.
----------------------
good times

---------------------------

-- A.L.W.--

----------------------

when you just get tired of all the effects and riffs.

Anyone in the Nashville area, heck the Middle Tennessee area into classic rock type stuff?
Knoxville right here.. Mainly metal/progressive but i can jam to other stuff too. I play guitar and bass so either one but i play guitar more. I love writing rhythm parts and i can solo every now and then. Been playing about 5 years. I can do covers or originals.

Main influences: Lamb Of God, Tool, Megadeth, Pantera, Hendrix, Dream Theater
Hey. I'm in Knoxville in the Halls area. My band plays covers and originals, and we're kinda just starting out, but we need a drummer. Enthusiasm is more important than experience!!!

We play mostly metal/horror punk, and our influences include (in no real order): Trivium, The Murderdolls, Avenged Sevenfold, Wednesday 13, Marilyn Manson, The Misfits etc.

There are 3 of us, singer/bassist/guitarist, and we are between the ages of 16-18. I'm the guitarist, and I've been playing for around a year and a half, and I'm very good with rhythm and playing fast (practice like 4 hours every day >w<, but dont expect lots of shredding. We have a practice space available, but no set practice time since we have 3 different schedules to work around so we really play it by ear. If you're interested just lemme know ^v^

Oh, and double bass would be nice but is not required. Like above, enthusiasm is more important than experience.
Last edited by SynysterRev7X at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by Garb
Kingsport here. About 30 minutes southwest of Bristol.

The music scene here isn't that great, which sucks because I'm dying to make a band and get gigging lol. Making a band is so hard though. I haven't found anyone that is serious about it, let alone has the same music interests as me. lol

I listen to everything but mainstream country and rap/hip-hop/that stuff.

I'm influenced by so much stuff it isn't funny. The first 3 are in order, the rest are just as I think. lol

Major Influences: Dream Theater, Opeth, Chiodos, Death Cab For Cutie, Porcupine Tree, Yes, Rush, Al DiMeola, In Flames, Joe Satriani, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Rammstein, Stevie Ray Vaughan, ELO, ELP.

I'm sure there's a lot more, but that's just the major ones (okay, well, a few of the more important "minor" influences are there too).

I've got a band in Jonesborough. We're looking for a few members to seal up the band.
We play heavy metal, alt. metal, hard rock, punk, etc.
We're influenced by Metallica, A7X, Disturbed, BLS, Dream Theater, Rush, Lamb of God, Stone Sour, Pantera, Iron Maiden, and shitloads more.
We could really use a rhythm guitarist. You wanna get on the phone sometime and talk about it?
Private Message me if you're intrested.
I'm in the Clarksville-Nashville area.

I'd like to meet someone who has difficulty classifying what they're into, something a little off the main line. I play guitar. I put an ad in the "musicians wanted" forum.

Me: Mix up Link Wray, The Stooges, a pissed off Adrian Belew.

I'd like to record. Anyone want to play just to see if something's possible? I've been playing pretty much by myself for like 25-30 years and would like to get something together sometime in my lifetime. Folks have told me that I come up with pretty good song ideas (just the chords.) I have enough equipment here to make some music. Got a guitar? Bass? Anyone?

PM me if you're curious. Thanks.

PS I really want to meet a drummer.
Last edited by woad_yurt at Mar 25, 2012,