How hard is it to fit guitar in college?

Im doing a civil engineering degree but I still want to be able to play alot/improve, preferably 5 hours a day. Does anyone else have a problem like this??

Thanks.

Boghead
5 hours a day? Possible if you completely eliminate any social life. My roommate and I usually play towards the end of the night for about an hour after we finish any work and before we sleep. I'd say at most I play 2 hours throughout the day.
Renegade of this Time and Age.

Quote by reaume140
You Sir, have made my night, thank you.
I am not personally an engineer, but I lived with them for three years as roommates. Let me start by saying this, there is no way you'll have that much free time unless you are a super genius. A lot of the civil engineering majors I know spent hours each day studying math and physics related equations and applications. I'm no slouch, being pre-med and all, but these guys study pretty hard. You could probably get an hour in during a week day, but more than that and you're probably neglecting your classes.
Quote by Kentris.5
I am not personally an engineer, but I lived with them for three years as roommates. Let me start by saying this, there is no way you'll have that much free time unless you are a super genius. A lot of the civil engineering majors I know spent hours each day studying math and physics related equations and applications. I'm no slouch, being pre-med and all, but these guys study pretty hard. You could probably get an hour in during a week day, but more than that and you're probably neglecting your classes.

wow I think I might just drop out.........

man.........
Quote by Boghead
wow I think I might just drop out.........

man.........

Hey, don't do that. There's a reason for the saying "C's get degrees"
You want to do well, but engineering's a rough program. If you've got even a B GPA, at least here in the U.S., then you're almost guaranteed being able to find a job after you graduate. Heck, even C students get jobs, not their first choices, but good paying jobs never the less.
i don't..i actually play more guitar in college then i do when i was home.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by Boghead
How hard is it to fit guitar in college?

Im doing a civil engineering degree but I still want to be able to play alot/improve, preferably 5 hours a day. Does anyone else have a problem like this??

Thanks.

Boghead

It could be easier, but at the same time, it could be harder too. I've brought mine down (les paul and practice amp), and whilst you can't really turn it up without pissing people off, you can still just keep playing about, so long as you use headphones or are fine with not turning up past 1 or 2 for the sakes of a bit more peace.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Civil engineering? 5 hours a day?!

Not gonna happen.

At all.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
wow that just absolutely kills it coming from resi.

**** it, I'll shed on the weekends