I got 400 bucks to blow and I'm looking into a new amp. Anything tube would be nice, even if I'd have to find it on eBay or something. I'll be using this for home recording. So far, I'm sold on the idea of a Blackheart and an OD or Dist. pedal.
Last edited by Anonymouslyours at Feb 21, 2008,
I just bought the Fender super champ today for 300, it only has 2 15 watt tubes in it, Im not sure what size exactly your looking for, but this amp got great reviews every where I looked and its supposed to be very versatile from classic rock to metal.
I saw the Palomino V32 head in Guitar Center on President's Day for $315. It was very tempting.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ Brand new. I don't know if they're clearing them out for Crate's new V series or what, but the prices on the Palominos have gotten seriously low. They had the V32 combo for $450, and the 2x12 cab for $260 or so.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
peavey classic 30 + and OD (take a look at a full tone OCD) to get to higher gain stuff
there is no way on ebay, pawn shops, local listings, and craigs list that you can find a dsl 401 for under 500....