I just bought Sibelius 5.

Suppose I'm writing a guitar part for a jazz piece, and I have the chord names above the staff. How do I insert the lines representing rhythmic value in the staff?

Thanks in advance.
honestly sibelius sux!
get guitar pro, its much beta and easier 2 use IMO.
Quote by Kensai
Yeah one time I ordered "Led zeppelin - greatest hits" and got some real crap cd instead. Oh wait.
^^Er... no. Sibelius is much better and has more features (at an insane price, but hey). Guitar pro is good for tabs but otherwise Sibelius wins hands down, in my opinion.

You may have to insert the rhythm strokes in the same way as you do the chord names (Ctrl-K) - try right clicking for a list of symbols you can use. I haven't tried it myself though... if all else fails, maybe try adding an extra stave with the rhythms as crossed noteheads on it instead.
^^Er... no. Sibelius is much better and has more features (at an insane price, but hey). Guitar pro is good for tabs but otherwise Sibelius wins hands down, in my opinion.
Yeah, it's like Guitar Pro Pro!
Call me Batman.
guitar pro is great if u want to write something for ur regular rock or metal band but if u wanna do something bigger like some film music or arrange a big band score thn guitar pro is pretty much usless
Try this:

place your rhythmic value on the staff - for instance, an eigth note placed on your root. Then, highlight that note and go Shift+Alt+1

Should work.
Thanks for the help guys!

And yeah, I have Sibelius as well as Guitar Pro...

Guitar Pro is great for writing for a rock/metal group but for my jazz/concert band needs... Sibelius is definately amazing.