I'm considering this lp for the fact it has Dirty Fingers already installed, I might put gold covers on them, but thats beside the point. It also plays very nicely.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-CustomGX-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515617

I'm looking at this lp because its just plain pretty (the pictures do it no justice) and plays well. I would switch out the stock pups with burstbuckers. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518350

Which do you guys think will be the better value/sound in your opinion?
I'd take the GX. Better hardware and woods out of the box. Quality control is probably better too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
What are you going to be playing with them?

EDIT: I asked this in your other thread, too: where are those Burstbuckers coming from? Another guitar, or just lying around? If they're already in something decent, I personally would just leave them there, and buy the Epi LP Custom and slap some Duncans in there.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Feb 20, 2008,
i still have the stocks to those so replacement pups wouldnt be a problem
go for the epi lp custom then..much more "vintage-y" in my opinion...
my advice is to try both out before you decide
you may find that you prefer the feel or sound of one over the other
The Dirty Fingers aren't really modern sounding anyways. I think they'd be well suited for classic rock like that. Quality wise, the GX is the better guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i agree i have been leaning toward the GX but ive still got some thinking to do. ive also never seen the GX in person or played of course so im waiting for 1 of the guitar stores around me to get 1

EDIT: also if i go the custom rout and get other pups and leave the buckers in my ibanez...pup suggestions please?
Last edited by zepfoeva at Feb 20, 2008,
the prophecy series seems to be more geared towards harder rock/metal, and the custom a more traditional les paul.

i would personally go with the prophecy GX, as you get a les paul tone, jumbo frets, and a 2 octave neck, and with the dirty fingers, wouldnt be pushed strictly into the metal area like a prophecy EX would. its more unique, specialized, not just your "regular lp".

unless your looking for a "regular lp", then go with the custom
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Considering what you've said now, yeah, get the GX. The Dirty Fingers is a loud, oboxious thing, well-suited to the sound I think you're looking for.
very very true, thank you all for the opinions

ROCK ON
Last edited by zepfoeva at Feb 20, 2008,