if one wanted to paint a guitar, and make that paint translucent (like see the grain) how would one go about doing so?
okay let me add some more detail, i want the guitar to be orange. and i dont want a gloss finish im gonna use a satin finish. but i want to be able to see woodgrain
i did this on my crap-strat all u have to do is sand off whatever is already on there n use wood stain...u can find some really kool custom colors...i made mine orange white n green...like the irish flag
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Stain it, then clear coat (I think).
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
you mean like the look of acoustics? my guess would be to stain the wood, give it a sand with fine grit sandpaper (650 +) to show imperfections, fix them, stain again, and then clearcoat.......i'm only guessing here from what i know from wood working class in high school
no not the look of an acoustic at all. i want it orange. ORANGE lol like those things that grow on trees, what are they called? ORANGES.
Quote by acanadian
no not the look of an acoustic at all. i want it orange. ORANGE lol like those things that grow on trees, what are they called? ORANGES.

Apples?
So you want it red?
Or green like leaves?
Oh.. Reddish green.

...or greenish red?

EDIT: brown like branches?
Go to the Gear Building and Customizing forum, you fool.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by HaKattack
Go to the Gear Building and Customizing forum, you fool.

i already went there, didnt see anything helpful in terms of what i needed. FOOL
Quote by acanadian
i already went there, didnt see anything helpful in terms of what i needed. FOOL

Who the fuck made you Mr. T?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club