I am building my own Cabinet for a 100 watt head, and I need to chose some speakers. I have decided to go with 12" speakers, but I have had no luck at finding cheap ones 20-40 dollar range. So I was wondering If any of you knew of cheap 12" speakers rated for use in a 100 watt 4x12 cab, quality of the speakers is not a major issue.

Also how high do the speakers need to be rated, is it 25 watt or 50 watt? (The speakers will be wired in parallel then in series. ( This should result in 8 ohms total resistance from 8 ohm speakers.)
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
ebay is your friend. there are lots of deals on there but not all of them are legit i would guess.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Thanks Lp, any other sites?
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
partsexpress.com ...they have nice speakers for good prices...

Quote by evilbeaver22
Thanks Lp, any other sites?

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
am i the only one that read "part sex press.com"?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
^Yes, you are 25 watt speakers will match the rated power of the amp, but more than 25 watt will give you added cushion. I'd go with 25 watt, unless you drive your amp at maximum often. The speakers are probably of similar sensitivity, anyway, so loudness shouldn't be an issue.
Quote by walker-rose

haha i saw that too..the website probably gets a lot of hits from people looking for something different!
haha..ya..i know, but its ligit

Quote by walker-rose

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
I'll sell you a stock peavey xxx 12" speaker, made in USA...pm me if you're interested I'll give you a good deal, it's pretty much brand new...

but anyway, partsexpress.com is a good place, be careful with shipping though, they might try to nail you on that one...mcmelectronics is another good place for cheap speakers...I recently got a set of speakers from 'em for some speaker boxes in my truck and I have been pretty impressed thus far, good quality, sounds, etc...plus they're cheap and they didn't try to rape me with the shipping and handling card...
Member of UG's gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join.
Last edited by DR132 at Feb 21, 2008,