hey, ive got an epiphone special and i was interested in installing a third humbucker.
any thoughts?
Good luck.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
The concept of adding another pickup in reality is not difficult, it just takes some tools... which if you have, is fine. but if not, might cost you more to buy the tools to do it yourself than taking it into a shop.

anyways, if routing is no issue, wiring is really not much more of an issue, you just need to buy more parts...

If you're asking if it is worth the effort to put it into your guitar, only you can determine that.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
i personally don't think it's worth it, but hey, if you REALLY want to, go for it
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
does it fit? including mounting plate and stuff? if it does buy a template, buy a router, center line your guitar, center line your template, route away, 3/4 deep on a guitar, 5/8 deep if the guitar has a tremolo, thats the factory standard. youd probably have to do some custom wiring, or install a 5-way switch.