I'm a senior in high school and I've been playing bass for a couple years, self-taught. The only amp I've ever had is my piece of crap Fender Rumble 15-watt that came with my first bass. I need a new amp, badly, but I don't have much cash. I could probably earn a bit of money over the summer, but I don't want to spend it all. I just need something that'll get me through college.

Price range: 100-300
Quote by Ledhead82048

Thats a nice amp, but it wont cut it for gigs. I recently discovered this at practice. If you have a large PA than maybe but otherwise no.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Thats a nice amp, but it wont cut it for gigs. I recently discovered this at practice. If you have a large PA than maybe but otherwise no.

Right then, thank you for telling me before I actually buy it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Rumble-Series-100210-100-Watt-2x10-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=481138

how about this?
What are you going to be using the amp for? Do you want an amp for bedroom practise, or jamming with guitarist/drummer? Why do you want a new amp, what is wrong with your current one?

Answering all of those questions is a sure-fire way of getting help around here.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
sorry, but cheap and "new" do not exsist in the world of bass amps. although decent and "used" do exsist. i say $500 is about the entry level for decent used, bass amps.
save-up!
Quote by kranoscorp
What are you going to be using the amp for? Do you want an amp for bedroom practise, or jamming with guitarist/drummer? Why do you want a new amp, what is wrong with your current one?

Answering all of those questions is a sure-fire way of getting help around here.

I'll probably be using it for jamming at most. And my current amp is a 15-watt practice amp.

Would this one be a good buy?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-BT100-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=487803
Last edited by thedude97 at Feb 22, 2008,
Well, if you are including a guitarist and drummer into the situation, I would reccomend that you get a 100W amp. Most likely choice would be a 1x15", you can get those for around $300. A 1x15" is just barely on the fringe of being easily movable, so it is a nice size for both solo practice and with a band. You will need more wattage if you want to gig however.

Small note: if purchasing from behringer, remove 40% of the wattage to get the true wattage.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I wouldnt go for the crate. its cheap, and the tone isnt the greatest. Heres my suggestion: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Five-Fifteen-15-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485040 its got 100w and a 15" speaker, so it will cut it in smaller gigs, and its an ashdown. I've got the ashdown electric blue combo, and I love it. The tone is great, much better than the fender rumble. I do agree with others though, in your price range, used might be a good idea. Ebay or craigslist usually have some good deals.
live to jam and jam to live
Last edited by 4 string man at Feb 22, 2008,