Im sure you guys get this a lot.. but lately... im going nowhere at all with my playing...
I feel like im playing the same 5 chords over and over again..
Im also getting tired of learning other people's songs. i Find myself playing the same songs over and over and over and over again...
I tried learning scales, know what they are but im still going nowehre with it.. im not the cleanest or the greatest player but im starting to lose interest/move away/get bored.. this is the third time this has happened...

Should i just get new gears ? new guitar ? amp? to spark up my interest again ? what did you guys do that sparks your intent to play?
what helps me allot is to WATCH a song played live in concert...Youtube is a great resource for this.

If you are tired of listening to a song or music in general...just watch some performances of anything. Sometimes you find that they are playing something different from how you thought...this always seems to inspire new ideas for me. It adds a whole new element to see something played, rather than just hear it
that happens to me quite a bit
eventhough i love to play i get frustrated pretty easy
i get tired of playing the same songs then try some others and if it doesnt go over well..frustration
i thought about buying a new amp at one point when this happened but im glad i didnt
i thought it might give me a little boost or an edge or something
i find that if i take a break for a while ... a week or so i get excited to play again and have more success with new songs

thats just me, but hope it helps, and your not alone haha
peace
Quote by raidernixon
what helps me allot is to WATCH a song played live in concert...Youtube is a great resource for this.

If you are tired of listening to a song or music in general...just watch some performances of anything. Sometimes you find that they are playing something different from how you thought...this always seems to inspire new ideas for me. It adds a whole new element to see something played, rather than just hear it

that actually really helps me too
more than i thought it would