So, Im thinking of going on a diet. Im a male, 17 years old, and I weigh about 220 pounds. I have a lot of muscle on my body, but there is also much fat as well. Now, I was thinking the Atkins diet, its suppose to be this hardcore diet, lose weight fast, and I need it gone. My question to anyone is, what are the chance of me loosing my muscle mass as well? Should it be fine if I keep up interval training while im on my diet?

Edit: If I do loose muscle mass, anyone know of Diets that I can keep my muscle mass and still loose the pounds fast?
Quote by pimpslap1236
the cops will lie to you. accept it. believing things they say is the intellectual equivalent of sticking your dick in a pencil sharpener.

R.I.P Samantha
Last edited by Courchesne at Feb 20, 2008,
Idk,
I just stopped eating fast food and lost about 30 pounds in a few months
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Ez0ph
Idk,
I just stopped eating fast food and lost about 30 pounds in a few months

before, or after you became a sex machine?

i say don;t stick to a specific diet plan, just eat smart and take a run/go to the gym a few times a weel
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by cheeseman3001

i say don;t stick to a specific diet plan, just eat smart and take a run/go to the gym a few times a weel

Yeah. Don't go on a diet, just eat healthy and do some exercise. That's what the human body was made to do.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by cheeseman3001

before
i used to be fat, covered in zits, messy hair, lame clothes
just bad
and now i lost weight, skins clean, hair straightened, and trenchcoat
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
just eat healthier (2000 calories a day with mostly fruits and vegetables) and work out
don't do stupid fad diets
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Honestly, the best thing is to up your activity level and follow common sence when choosing what you eat. Everyone I know who has tried "this or that" diet put the weight right back on when they stopped. The ones who exercised during their diet, but, stopped when they stopped dieting just took a little longer to put the weight back on. Also, simply pay attention to what your eating. Everyone is different...meaning everyone has to tailor their diet/exercise to match their own needs. In the end, the only way to loose the pounds and keep them off is to find the activity level/exercise program that will burn the calories that you take in and figure out a healthy diet that you like. I'm horrible with following a "healthy diet," but, because I lead a very active lifestyle my increased metabolism makes up for it. In the end it's a balance between what you eat and being active enough to burn it off. One more thing, and probably the most important, throw out the scale. The worst thing is to depend on a scale to tell you your loosing weight. If your dieting and exercising right, you'll actually put on weight...provided your not 200 pounds overweight at the start. Your trading fat for muscle and muscle weighs more, so, you should pack on the pounds after an initial fat weight loss if your doing it right. As an example, I'm 5'10" and weigh about 210. According to the charts you see at the doctors office, I'm over-weight for my height. I weigh 210 because I got a fair amount of muscle and very little fat. The only thing that matters, and I repeat the ONLY THING, is are you happy with yourself when you look in the mirror? That's it, nothing else.