So i guess some of you have probably heard on the news ect that sometime today / tonite / early tomorow the us Navy was supposed to shoot down a "dead" sattelite. Has anyone heard any updates on that? like at what time its supposed to happen? because whenever it does theres going to be a wicked meteor shower.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
There is maybe a 98% chance they will be shooting it down over the ocean so we probably won't be seeing it.
Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.

Cool.
its an old spy sattelite with very valubale technology.
we have to blow it up, and find the remains so russia/china/north korea wont
it also contains toxic fuel. if it landed in a residential area, it could be devestating to the isolated area
I saw a report that they expect to try and shoot it down sometime "within the hour." That was about 20 min ago.
Quote by treehunter77
its an old spy sattelite with very valubale technology.
we have to blow it up, and find the remains so russia/china/north korea wont

Incorrect. Normally, they would control the fall and crash it into the ocean and thus destroy anything of value. However, they lost control of it and therefore have to blow it up because:

it also contains toxic fuel. if it landed in a residential area, it could be devastating to the isolated area
IIIIIII
apparently, they only have 15 seconds everyday till the end of the month to get the thing shot down. they were going to do it today but the weather was **** wherever the ship is that is supposed to be doing the pwnage.
Quote by Heafyman
"IT'S SO SMALL I DON'T NEED THE APPLICATOR! IT FITS TO MY CONTOURS!!" "YES!! MY LABIA JUST GRABS IT LIKE A BIONIC CLAW AND TRACTOR BEAMS IT IN!!"

Quote by synopsize
CNN says they hit the satellite just now.

do you have a link for that?
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
I dunno, I've heard a little about it, but I think shooting down satellites is the most badass job in the world. I betcha he didn't even use his tracking devices, just the Force.
Quote by deadmansdiary
do you have a link for that?

http://www.cnn.com

The big red box on the main page
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by synopsize
Incorrect. Normally, they would control the fall and crash it into the ocean and thus destroy anything of value. However, they lost control of it and therefore have to blow it up because:

Thank you. Nor is it an "old satellite". Was launced last year and failed to make orbit.
Communications failed and the fuel on board was unable to be used. The fuel is quite toxic. Optics and electronics on board would not survive re-entry but the 2500 pounds of frozen fuel would. So blow the snot out of it.
And it may require 2 - 3 missile launches.
We should have the Chinese do it for us.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Last edited by Jackal58 at Feb 20, 2008,
So are any of the debris going to be turning into meteorites? could we go outside and see some right now aha?
Only if you are on that side of the world. I don't know where the impact took place.
I did read if the fuel tank was ruptured it would give the appearanc of a comet for several hours to several days.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea im on the coast of British Columbia, so I should be able to see the comets if any came down. I might go outside and wait around for a while, see if anythings coming down. The only problem is i have NO clue when any of the debris would be entering if they havent entered already.
I was gonna read the full story on that, but then I saw a link that had the words "lohan naked"
Quote by deadmansdiary
Yea im on the coast of British Columbia, so I should be able to see the comets if any came down. I might go outside and wait around for a while, see if anythings coming down. The only problem is i have NO clue when any of the debris would be entering if they havent entered already.

Yeah there's a 25% chance the debris will land here and the poison will be here.
Quote by dylpikle9
I was gonna read the full story on that, but then I saw a link that had the words "lohan naked"

oh god, i hope for your sake you hit altf4 as quick as possible.

i think this whole situation has been drastically overplayed. they make it out to be a nuclear missile crisis or something.

...then i get hit with toxic fuel.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by synopsize

Incorrect.

If it fell into the ocean, most of it would still survive. It's full of ****ing hydrazine (propellant), and even if the parts were broken, enemies could still piece together the concepts of the technology.

They're blowing it up because it's a ****ing spy satellite, not because it might hit people on the way down.

Quote by Jackal58
Only if you are on that side of the world. I don't know where the impact took place.
I did read if the fuel tank was ruptured it would give the appearanc of a comet for several hours to several days.

The fuel tank wouldn't have to explode. If it gets hit at all, it will shatter into a lot of small pieces.

Quote by Lgndkllr777
http://www.cnn.com

The big red box on the main page

"It's precise target - the fuel tank." Even if they didn't hit the tank dead on, the entire S/C is ****ed!
Looking for my India/Django.
Last edited by redwing_suck at Feb 21, 2008,
Dude, don't you get it? It wasn't cause of the fuel... or even spy stuff. They were afraid it was gonna hit the cloverfield monster and wake him up!
Too many people own guitars. Someone had better go play a... clarinet or something.

:stickpoke

That means you.

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
i once sneezed and a mushed up chip flew out my nose
needless to say i immediatly ate it
Quote by redwing_suck
Incorrect.

If it fell into the ocean, most of it would still survive. It's full of ****ing hydrazine (propellant), and even if the parts were broken, enemies could still piece together the concepts of the technology.

They're blowing it up because it's a ****ing spy satellite, not because it might hit people on the way down.

The fuel tank wouldn't have to explode. If it gets hit at all, it will shatter into a lot of small pieces.

"It's precise target - the fuel tank." Even if they didn't hit the tank dead on, the entire S/C is ****ed!

Didn't say it had to explode. The hydrazine vaporizing in the sunlight would generate a comet like effect.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi