Page 1 of 2
I used to play Guitar Hero, but now, I just quit You know, It's better to play real guitar, then press buttons on a plastic toy guitar.

Not knocking the game, its a great idea, but I realized other reasons GH sucks.

1 - Popularity. Pop culture (Ex. MTV) ruins great concepts, like iPods. The fact that everyone knows about it ruins the fun.

2 - Hypnotism. A lot of people who play GH think they are rock stars, probably because at the end of songs, it says YOU ROCK. This gives the illusion that you can be somebody with this 5 button POS.

3 - ZOMG 100% XPERT!!! People think because they can play of a higher difficulty on the game, they're Shreddy Krueger all of a sudden.

I'm just wondering what you guitar hero haters think of this.
If half these kids practiced a real guitar as much as they played guitar hero. WE HAVE ****IN PRODIGIES RUNNING AROUND!
Did you seriously just call someone "Shreddy Krueger"?

EDIT:
Quote by aaron6890

WTF?
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.

Cool.
your right guitar hero sucks guitar rules
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
i dont really no what people see in playing guitar hero but hey look its fatty jimi hendrix rocks i like ur fav bands i like them in the same order but i switch slayer with DEICIED
shreddy krueger?
...i wanna be him.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Just cuz lota dumasses who play it think they can play real guitar, doesn't mean u have to hate the game...
i love playing guitar hero...

I think it helps people see bands as more than just the singer.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
You know, I used to make spam posts, and then I realised it was better to post more intelligible things and make myself a better part of society as a whole.

*shrugs*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
It's just a game. If you don't like it, oh well. No need to prove how much of a "real guitarist" you are by bashing it.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by Doppelgänger
AHHHH!!! Feb 08ers!!! RUN!!!!

Says the two-month veteran.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by fallenangel20
You know, I used to make spam posts, and then I realised it was better to post more intelligible things and make myself a better part of society as a whole.

*shrugs*

This wasn't a spam post.

It still didn't help society at all.
You think a video game sucks because it's popular?

Can you give me your Guitar Hero? I've never played it, but I want to.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by Doppelgänger
AHHHH!!! Feb 08ers!!! RUN!!!!

So? You're a Dec '07er, that's almost as bad as being an '08er.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by JMack
Says the two-month veteran.

Just been a little paranoid of 08ers (Feb in particular) lately.
Quote by Beware!Criminal
It's just a game. If you don't like it, oh well. No need to prove how much of a "real guitarist" you are by bashing it.

I didn't say nor think that I was realer than GH fans. I'm just saying I think that playing the real thing is a better pastime than the game, but, eh, **** me.
I just learned how to play Cliffs of Dover really well...

on Guitar Hero

It's just a game... I seriously don't understand why everybody whines about it.
Quote by Doppelgänger

Just been a little paranoid of 08ers (Feb in particular) lately.

Well, you can trust me. Just because I'm 14, doesn't mean I'm some immature little kid. It's cool, though. Think what you feel.
Quote by bjackson369
I just learned how to play Cliffs of Dover really well...

on Guitar Hero

It's just a game... I seriously don't understand why everybody whines about it.

You think this is bad, you should have seen the thread about a computer program that actually taught you how to play guitar.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Maybe the reason I'm bashing it is because I love creativity, and that's limited in a game like GH, because I love creating songs and such.
Quote by heylookitsfatty
Well, you can trust me. Just because I'm 14, doesn't mean I'm some immature little kid. It's cool, though. Think what you feel.

Your doing OK so far...

At least your not spamming half the pit with random threads and very, very, inappropriate pictures.
Quote by heylookitsfatty
Maybe the reason I'm bashing it is because I love creativity, and that's limited in a game like GH, because I love creating songs and such.

Songs on GH aren't creative? You don't like listening to music?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
I try not to be a thread***** too much, you know, it's cool, I'm trying to get some respect in forums after 3 years of spamming forums But thats over now....
Quote by sSyLc
Songs on GH aren't creative? You don't like listening to music?

I meant to say that you can't compose your own piece into it.
Quote by heylookitsfatty
I meant to say that you can't compose your own piece into it.

You can't compose your own piece in HALO either, but people still think HALO kicks ass.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
True, but since it's a music game, ithink you should have a composing option, because music is all about creativity. Halo: Not so much.
its a fun game to play with friends and stuff. the problem is when your playing it by yourself at home (if you play a real guitar). otherwise ITS JUST A GAME lol.
That's true, It's pretty much a party game, I think. I just have a problem with people who take shxt too seriously.
Quote by heylookitsfatty
I hope you are being sarcastic.

lolyeah i r kiddz slash r not real goods i jst say dat cuz it mka peopele think i cpol i rel tink dat jimmy hendrix r da best cuz he plays star spangled baner all br00tal liek slayer in raing blood, that song rox it so cpol!

Page 1 of 2