Hey all, first thread in GB&C. I'm psyched!

Well anyways, I was thinking of filling the hole under the pickguard of my Explorer. I was probably going to just use the salvaged, excess woods I used to build a failed Telecaster body and a pretty alright Stratocaster body and glue it into the hole. Anybody else have a better way of going abouts this?

Cheers!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by LP Addict
are you going to be leavign the pickguard on, or off? im assuming you dont need the space under it anymore?

Leaving it off. Moving the pickup selector to where the tone knob currently is and removing one of the volume knobs. Then I'll probably paint it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
you want to use the same wood the body is made out of to fill the hole so it will finish the same, same grain, do yourself a favor and cut the peice of wood so the grain is goin the same direction as the body, much easier when you sand it out. you w.ant it to fight real tight, then cover it in some woodglue, tightbond or something, not gorilla glue, no expanding glue. woodglue would be awesome, then just sand it flush, call it a day
Quote by LP Addict
you want to use the same wood the body is made out of to fill the hole so it will finish the same, same grain, do yourself a favor and cut the peice of wood so the grain is goin the same direction as the body, much easier when you sand it out. you w.ant it to fight real tight, then cover it in some woodglue, tightbond or something, not gorilla glue, no expanding glue. woodglue would be awesome, then just sand it flush, call it a day

Great! Thanks very much. I'll get to it! I thought I might need some wood glue so I bought some a week or so ago.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster