Me and a couple of friends at school have decided to play in the talent show, but we can't decide on a song, so far we've got Bedouin Soundclash's "St. Andrews" but we would like something a bit fast pace, you know something to get the crowd going.We're not professionals or anything. What are some other songs we could do?
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
try to play something catchy or someting that alot of people know. but have an awsome solo it it
imo you guys should write something that uses the best of your abilities. plus it will be original so it will be more of an 'OMG' factor to the crowd than if you just played a cover.
Id do a song by a popular band, that the song isnt too popular. My band is doing "if you want blood" by AC/DC. Its kinda popular, and it sounds groovy.
SKA!!!!! everyone will skank. and thats good
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
I was in the process of writing a song but its not even close to being ready. I have to incorporate all timing and stuff. So in my situation a cover would be the best thing to do.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
dude stairway to heaven
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
i dont know your range of ability or what kids at your school listen to, but do something a lot of people will know and get into. make sure its something you can play pretty easily and not screw up, and just have fun with it. that'll be better than at my high school back when a really ****ty death metal band performed and 98% of the crowd was like... omg whats happening, this is horrible and it hurts my ears.. they were very bad.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
We range From Intermediate to Semi - Pro, and most of the kids at my school lisitn to hip hop and R&B, I think i'm like one of the few that like anything else.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6