i play mostly hendrix related stuff.. i have a blues junior and axis fuzz. i know hendrix recorded with some fenders in the beginning of his recording career. should i go for the Blues Deluxe or the 65 Deluxe???? that deluxe 65 looks dam sexy.
Marshall combo? Bluesbreaker would probably do it. What's your budget?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Marshall combo? Bluesbreaker would probably do it. What's your budget?

+1
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
what's your budget??

a nice used marshall combo would go in your favor.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
my budget is not an overpriced marshall :PP nothing over 1000 guys. i dont know where you all get this money from to buy all this gear but i just cant get an expensive one even though i would love to get a marshall
Quote by culkid
my budget is not an overpriced marshall :PP nothing over 1000 guys. i dont know where you all get this money from to buy all this gear but i just cant get an expensive one even though i would love to get a marshall

Traynor YCV40 has some pretty Marshallesque tones. Check out the Laney VC30 too.

Quote by metalhead_365
go for an old marshall, or look at the reissues like the 1987x. possibly look at orange amps.

The 1987x will be too loud! Especially if you want to drive the amp.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
sadly my guitar center doesnt have laney or traynor. which would you suppose gets the closest marshall tone? and are these amps decent?
Quote by culkid
sadly my guitar center doesnt have laney or traynor. which would you suppose gets the closest marshall tone? and are these amps decent?

If they don't have them, check out the Peavey Windsor Studio or a Crate Palomino series amp if they have them.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
i just listened to the Traynor on musiciansfriend. DAM that thing is sexy distorted and clean. very marshally tone. however i dont like that it has SOVTEK tubes. what tubes do the marshalls use? and would it be easy to change them?
Quote by culkid
i just listened to the Traynor on musiciansfriend. DAM that thing is sexy distorted and clean. very marshally tone. however i dont like that it has SOVTEK tubes. what tubes do the marshalls use? and would it be easy to change them?

definitely not a great amp at all
we have one at my school...
for the thread starter, go for a 65'
you cant really go wrong with it
Quote by culkid

Older Marshalls used KT-88 valves. The Plexi amps and Superleads used EL34s. Swapping the valves out and putting in Marshall valves isn't going to make the amp sound like a Marshall. Plus if you change the type of power valve, you'll have to have the amp biased.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Bah. so is there a marshall combo amp under 1000 that is WORTH IT? and will give me the hendrix live tones?

if not im guessing ill be getting the 65 deluxe with a Maxon OD808 to drive it?
Quote by culkid
Bah. so is there a marshall combo amp under 1000 that is WORTH IT? and will give me the hendrix live tones?

Go used. You MIGHT be able to do it with a used JCM 800. Try the DSL401, they're a love/hate kind of amp but you never know.

See if you can score an Orange Rocker 30.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by culkid
not really a fan of orange

Why not? They're Marshallesque to the bone. Better tone than the new ones too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Peavey Classic 30?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
cuz of the color and because they are expensive in my opinion
would the peavey 30 classic give an overdriven marshall esque tone or fender like cleans?
i would have to say the tiny terror and that would leave you some money for some nice pedals. but thatrs just my two cents
if i just decide to get a fender what do you suggest to get near marshall overdrive?????? a marshall jackhammer OD pedal or a boss blues driver?
Quote by culkid
cuz of the color and because they are expensive in my opinion

First, it is retarded to hate an amp because it has a certain color tolex. Get used to it. And, a Traynor YCV -50 blue will be fine. And Marshall uses ****ty tubes in their amps. Sovetek tubes would be fine for the time being until you replaced them with something else...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by culkid
if i just decide to get a fender what do you suggest to get near marshall overdrive?????? a marshall jackhammer OD pedal or a boss blues driver?

oh i assumed you had a cab, sorry. but the tiny terror is still a good option if you ask me, even if you do need a cab. uhhh for a marshall crunch i heard good things about the mi audio crunch box.
why would you assume i had a cab? lol. i was looking at the YCV 50 blue traynor. i might possibly go with that option