Is the Schecter C-1 Classic really worth the price ($749.99)?
I mean it's beautiful and all but how does it compare to other guitars in its range and how is the quality?
I don't want to waste like 800 bucks of my hard earned money
Any input is helpful
thx
Never been big on Schecters... if you want metal you might as well get an ESP and get better quality in the same price range
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by Infamou$17
Never been big on Schecters... if you want metal you might as well get an ESP and get better quality in the same price range

hmmm....im looking more versatility so that i can play anything, i mean it's not gonna be the best metal guitar or the best blues guitar (and so on and so forth) but i want one that can basically do anything

thx for the help
c-1 is best for versitility.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I just bought one used today. I promise its amazing. I got it for $400 so that makes me even happier

Honestly though, I would of paid well over the price of a new one though. Its really is a great guitar.

For the money your spending, you can't really go wrong as long as your smart. There are many guitars you could buy for that amount of money that are nothing short of amazing.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by Infamou$17

Schecter guitars are king of value
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
For the money your spending, you can't really go wrong as long as your smart. There are many guitars you could buy for that amount of money that are nothing short of amazing.

Are you saying I should get it or not? is there any specific guitar you find "amazing"? congrats on the purchase too
Quote by allstar340
Are you saying I should get it or not? is there any specific guitar you find "amazing"? congrats on the purchase too

Well like the Schecter Classic and Schecter Hellraiser are about the same price but totally different sounds. You could get a Fender for that price and it would be different but just as nice only in different ways.

I would recommend you the Classic with out a dought but then again it sounds like your unsure and with the cash your spending, you need to be. Just make sure you play other guitars in your price range before you buy it.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
have you played it?! its the most versatile i have ever seen for being so cheap. it looks great and sounds great. whoever said it doesnt do metal well is wrong. it does it better than most "metal" guitars ive played but thats my opinion. it has single coil modes for clean sounds and what have you. its great value.

if you can try the classic do so, it is the best guitar i have ever played and will soon own.

note: i have played many expensive guitars and i honestly pick this over them. namely gibson, jackson, ibanez, fender, esp, parker, etc.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
The Classic is pretty kick ass. A couple months ago it was $700 and I remember thinking that before too long they would probably be charging $1,000 for it because it definitely feels like a guitar in the 1-2k price range. Pretty versatile. The Duncans in it are great and the bridge does metal/alternative/classic rock pretty well and the neck is awesome for blues and cleans and whatnot. I would say go for it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
The Classic is pretty kick ass. A couple months ago it was $700 and I remember thinking that before too long they would probably be charging $1,000 for it because it definitely feels like a guitar in the 1-2k price range. Pretty versatile. The Duncans in it are great and the bridge does metal/alternative/classic rock pretty well and the neck is awesome for blues and cleans and whatnot. I would say go for it.

GET IT!!!!
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
If you get it set up right, it plays beautifuly. Its a good sounding guitar, reallly versatile. The bridge pick up has a lot of bite and output. It has coil tapping which is nice. The neck pickup is fat and round sounding without being muddy. I likey.
Quote by allstar340
ok guys, now im reassured
i'll probably get it now, i have 20% off at MF :P

How did you get 20% off?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
last time i ordered from them the service sucked so i complained about 4 times and they setn me this thing in the mail (might not have been related to the complaining though) that says something like "to our valued customer, take 20% off your next order, no restrictions" except i have to use it by Feb. 29

And that's how I got 20% off
Quote by allstar340
last time i ordered from them the service sucked so i complained about 4 times and they setn me this thing in the mail (might not have been related to the complaining though) that says something like "to our valued customer, take 20% off your next order, no restrictions" except i have to use it by Feb. 29

And that's how I got 20% off

Lucky yet unlucky at the same time.

I wish I had that I'd pick up all the pedals that I can't get from my friend at GC.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.