We've all read this book, right? Well I'm looking for important/good quotes from this book. Also, your opinion. Almost everybody I've ever talked to has hated it, yet it's considered a classic? Good song, anyway.
i immediately thought arch enemy when i read the title. I was let down due to books
I need [Heart of Darkness]x2 to make my [Swiftsteel Shoulders]. It sucks.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
I thought this would be about the Pere Ubu song.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I JUST finished reading it for AP Lit. It's terrible. I hate Conrad. My teacher, although I think he's great, is torturing me with a follow-up: Lord Jim, also by Conrad. What's even worse is that it's a tangent to Heart of Darkness in that Marlow is, once again, a main narrator. I hate Conrad's archaic style of writing. I absolutely cannot stay focused. It's pretentious and disengaging. Being a second semester high school senior, I'm not even going to bother reading any more of Conrad's trash (I barely read Heart of Darkness).

By the way, use sparknotes.com. They point out a fair share of important quotes and insights, but not enough to get you a B on any quizzes.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 20, 2008,
Conrad = ****ing brilliant

Heart of Darkness is a great book. Not for everyone, but great if you know how to appreciate complex psychological literature. If you like it and walk more Conrad, check out Lord Jim.

As for quotes, all I can think of is "The Horror." Try some of the stuff that Marlow says at the beginning and end about London being covered in darkness. Basically, any sentence with the word darkness contains insane amounts of symbolism.

"Apocalypse Now" is based on this book except set during the Vietnam War instead of the colonial Belgian Congo. Great movie too.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA