apparently maxon is very popular around here. i do like my ts9 though
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
the maxon od 808 is sick as well. its the maxon equivalent of the ts808. You might want to look into that.
Gibson Special Faded SG with EMG 81 in the bridge
Peavey 6505
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Maxon OD 808
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss Tu-2 Chromatic tuner
Boss Ph-3 Phase Shifter
OCD hands down.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Maxon OD 808. After all Maxon built all the tubescreamers for Ibanez.....they knew their stuff.

The OCD is one of those pedals that is geared toward a very specific sound, and wont work for everyone
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed

The OCD is one of those pedals that is geared toward a very specific sound, and wont work for everyone

i completely agree

i think the descriptions on the site are very misleading, sure i used to love my OCD till i started to hear all its faults, ill agree its a transparent pedal and brings out harmonics and is a great lead boost, and even tightens up your bass quite well

but...

it is terrible for rhythm, and it sounds overly fizzy the only useable setting on it i found were turning the gain just a little and volume more than half way.
its a pretty crappy clean booster it mostly just adds fizzzzzz

dont be fooled by the ocd's charming good looks, and the hype
it can fool you

the maxon OD-9 which i tried out just 3 days ago was pretty much the same accept less defined ...

than i plugged in to a boos bd-2, its alittle different than the tubescreamer type tone but,
extremely transparent and BEEFEY, it is amazing for rhythm and thickens your leads and the harmonics come out just as good if not better than the OCD
it does sound a little sharp if you treble and tone are too high, but hey for 100 bucks this is a steal.
a couple of mods here and there and BAM you got a godly mofo'n OD

what kind of amp do you have?
what styles do you play?
bad monkey isnt listed here but after trying out all of the above its what i went with. its different though... but was what i was looking for and made the most difference in gain.
MAXON over any stock tubescreamer but i would suggest the keeley ts9 flexi 4x2 awesome pedal
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

guitar > maxon OD 808 > OCD > amp FTW!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Fulltone OCD! but like someone said before, I would get bad monkey if I didnt have that much money
for one, OCD isnt a Tubescreamer.

and two, i'd go for the Maxon.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i would go for a keeley ts-9 or an ocd. i know how the keeley ts-9 sounds on my rig cause i have one, and i love it. it can add nice gain or it can add just a touch of gain and a good ammount of volume. then the ocd sounds like it would be something i would like. ive never really tried one, but something that brings out harmonics and such sounds like it would work for me. im not one to use much gain, so i dont really care if it sounds bad with gain turned up like that one guy said.
fulltone fulldrive 2 is supposed to be like a tubescreameer with a boost and modes. ive tried one. i liked it better than the tubescreamer i A/B'd.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by jam phan420
TS-9 or TS-808 with the analogman mod...

www.buyanalogman.com

you are all welcome

^+1
Fender MIM Strat
Stephens Design Mojos
Analogman Silver TS-9
Teese RMC 2 Wah
Blues Jr.
Microcube
Can i just ask is the OCD actually a tubescreamer? :Wtf:
I'm not sure, but i dint think that it was...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
in before guitarcrazy1991 screaming OCD

still....OCD
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.