this is probably a really dumb question, but why are multi-effect processors with like 100 effects the same price as single effect stompboxes?
You get what you pay for. A single effect pedal excels at that one thing. A multi-effects unit does a hundred different things rather weakly.

In my opinion, it's best to get the two or three effects you know you're going to need to play your music, and get the pedals that fit your style, rather than try to program in synthetic patches and digital emulations of quality.

Just sayin'.
Because the quality of the effects isn't the same quality as single pedals.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Freunleven
You get what you pay for. A single effect pedal excels at that one thing. A multi-effects unit does a hundred different things rather weakly.

In my opinion, it's best to get the two or three effects you know you're going to need to play your music, and get the pedals that fit your style, rather than try to program in synthetic patches and digital emulations of quality.

Just sayin'.

Agreed 127.93%
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.
unless of course it's the Boss ME-20 or 50, those are actually really nice. Not as good as single effects of course, but better than one of those big modeling POS boxes.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Like others said, the standalone effects usually sound better. Although, I have an ME-50 & it's pretty good for everything I do.

You do get a bit more freedom with those standalone ones though when you're sorting out what order you want to put your effects in in your loop to get different sounds. The multi-effects units do a good job by default anyway.
You will find many of the multi pedals limiting on settings. On stomp boxes you can tweek a knob a little. Alot of the multi ones have a setting of 1 to 10, no individual speed, depth etc. And most multi pedals are made of plastic and most boxes are made of metal. So a single unit that does a really good job of one thing or a box that does a marginal job of many things. The one I have does things I dont think I will ever find a use for. Also alot of multi units are really good at sucking tone.
no stupid questions just stupid answers... which i was expecting a lot of. i guess i underestimated UG.
Quote by schecter_guy
this is probably a really dumb question, but why are multi-effect processors with like 100 effects the same price as single effect stompboxes?

Multi FX systems have many FX pedals all in the circuit and depending on what unit you get, some will allow 1 effect at a time, others can add multiple FX at a time and in any order.

You get what you pay for with these units, the Boss GT10 is the best out there for live use at this time.

Generally the lower end MFX setups are not worth it and wont sound as good as the actual peals they are said to model but I have heard tons of good reviews and own a Yamaha Magicstomp MKII processor. It will not to a lot of FX at one time but it is one of the best sounding pedals at a good price that I've heard in a while. I shoudl also mention you can really tweak the sounds a ton on this setup, the USB link works good with windows XP for editing on the PC but you can do it on the unit itself which is a little harder and slower but works... 99% of the settings are not the usual "1-10" setup...Yamaha really gave some variation on this part so you can switch between 1.5 - 1.6 without any problem.
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 21, 2008,
How can the Boss GT10 be the best at this time? It hasn't been released yet has it?
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
WEll, would YOU pay 1000+ dollers for a multi effects unit that costs full price for each effect it has??
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell