just bought ibanez with licsensed floyd rose... so I got it to stay in standard tuning but isn't the bridge supposed to be parallel with the body?? I mean its close but its tilted a little forward towards the headstock? thanks for any help
doesn't that look tilted forward quite a bit? mines completely parallel, and the knife edges are also parallel, and its an edge III
Quote by JustinT80
doesn't that look tilted forward quite a bit? mines completely parallel, and the knife edges are also parallel, and its an edge III

Nope its fine, the top is tapered off at an angle. You gotta judge it from the bottom where its flat, so it stays flat/parallel to the body? got it?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
oh, i guess mines messed up then....so just look in the back? and see when the spring block is flat?
Quote by JustinT80
oh, i guess mines messed up then....so just look in the back? and see when the spring block is flat?

Nope, read the Floyd Rose set up sticky on this forum. You get the bridge parallel to the body by either adding another spring if you went up in gauge quite a lot or you tighten the 2 claw screws slowly and evenly in the back if its riding up high (ass leaning up towards the neck). Detune so theres a bit of slack, then tighten 1/2 turn each screw and retune again, or close to retuning. You'll see if you're far from being in tune and the bridge is already leveled then obviously you need to tighten the screws a bit more still. Just take your time. Thats for if your bridge is riding high. If its sunken into the body you need to loosen the 2 claw screws, evenly again so its not too crooked. From your description it seems like your bridge is sunken in the cavity am I right?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst