View poll results: Better?
High School
22 16%
College
115 84%
Voters: 137.
Page 1 of 2
Quote by schecter_guy
college. the worst years of your life occur during high school.

Wurd, college all the way.
There was a moment in my high school graduation where I realized, "i just finished the easiest part of my life"

That being said, college is still far better, if you can handle yourself
College for sure.
Half of my classes didn't start until 1pm (for the first year anyway) which was great.
Anyway I just think it's better all round.
You have more freedom in college. Students are generally nicer and more mature.

....so college is better.
Last edited by Masamune at Feb 21, 2008,
I hear college is much better, but without high school college would just become the place where you learn all your life lessons.
I think it depends on who you are. My brother is a college graduate, and my sister is in college. Judging from what they've told me, I think I'd prefer college (I'm in my last year of high school). I always conversate better with people older than me, and I am somewhat bad when it comes to high school social skills. People seem to care more about popularity and image in high school, something I can't wait to get away from.
Last edited by The Madcap at Feb 21, 2008,
I'm not in college yet, but I would guess college because a lot of the idiots, brats, lazy people, and just overall assholes that make high school suck get weeded out during the application process.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
college is easily the best time of one's life. more freedom, more social life, more work BUT at least it's work that you chose, time to experiment with...stuff, more accurate depiction of real life demographics, no parents for most, more drinking...jesus, someone stop me lol.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
college had better be better than highschool. it's not bad, but i only have around 10 friends bc everyone else is too busy trying to be "badass" or being a smart ass 24/7.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
College is better, more freedom, more fun, more partying, more drinking, more girls, more pussy.
David St. Hubbins: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.
- Spinal Tap
Quote by XxGloriousxX
college had better be better than highschool. it's not bad, but i only have around 10 friends bc everyone else is too busy trying to be "badass" or being a smart ass 24/7.

Well you got to get rid of your high school mentality.
Who cares how many friends you have
I have 5 good friends and I am happy with that.
i'm not sure what to pick because where i'm going to "college" (business school really) feels like highschool all over again.
Weapons Mistress of the UG Military
...don't be scared
i dunno, i go to community college at the moment (goign to transfer to a university) and its pretty much another year of highschool. same faces, same attitudes. but at the university its a whole different deal, people are a lot nicer and want to meet you. so it depends on where you go
how is this even a question? college owns high school to no end
Quote by 18th_Angel
No dude, that is definitely an ugly chick. I'm talking 10 or 11 beers ugly.
Have you seen all the threads by high- schoolers complaining about their problems of the week?

Sheesh....
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
College for sure. High School was a necessary step to getting where I am now, but college is actually enjoyable as well as beneficial.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
College for sure. High School was a necessary step to getting where I am now, but college is actually enjoyable as well as beneficial.

What he said. High School is fun, but College is where a new life starts.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I don't understand American education, please fill me in - what age is it you leave high school?
As a high school senior with lots of college visits, stays, and friends accounts, I conclude that college will have cooler classes, but I will dread dorm life.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Centurion
I don't understand American education, please fill me in - what age is it you leave high school?

People go to high school for grades 9 - 12 and are generally 17 or 18 by the time they graduate.

Quote by Xiaoxi
As a high school senior with lots of college visits, stays, and friends accounts, I conclude that college will have cooler classes, but I will dread dorm life.

Hey man, if I have one piece of advice to give, I have to say: do not be antisocial. Embrace the dorm life and make as many friends as you can.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Feb 21, 2008,
I started college this semester and if you schedule your classes early you can have such a sick schedule going for yourself. I only go three times a week from 8:30 am to 1:20 pm

Its definitely more chill. I have more time for guitar, or a job if I wanted one.
College is definitely way better if you make the most of every opportunity. Like if you sit around in your dorm every night you're obviously going to be bored out of your damn mind.......
But it's definitely is a lot more fun if you make the effort.
I hope college is better.

High school sucks now, i'm barely getting by on classes with AP chem. There's the general pressure of SAT's finals and college applications being thrown at you all at once and most adults treat you like little kids.

Even if college is better though I want to avoid dorms, stayed in one for a camp and it was horrible. Got roomed up with someone who was completely unlike myself and the place was gross.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by darkstar2466
People go to high school for grades 9 - 12 and are generally 17 or 18 by the time they graduate.

Ah, I see. Cheers.

In which case I'd go for high school (or what we'd call school and/or college) seeing as I never progressed to the college (university) stage.
Quote by Centurion
Ah, I see. Cheers.

In which case I'd go for high school (or what we'd call school and/or college) seeing as I never progressed to the college (university) stage.

It's funny how Americans and UKers get confused by each others' definition of "college."
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
woah, i feel better about college now haha. highschool is alright i guess, but i can't wait to get out. SAT's are the easy part for me, that's the one thing i can hope to get me into a somewhat nice college, i'm too damn lazy to keep up a nice GPA.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by darkstar2466
What he said. High School is fun, but College is where a new life starts.

As far as dorms go, they really aren't THAT bad. If you can't stand the thought of being cooped up in a tiny room with someone else go for a single. While you're there it can be fairly easy to make friends.

As far as dorms being gross: Yes. Yes they are
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
College is especially handy if you want a fresh start.

I personally wanted to know no one from my old school.

And now i've myself a nice circle of friends, the parties are rolling in, and the poker nights are pretty good too.

But the works ****.
high skol...
coz im there
Quote by Kensai
Yeah one time I ordered "Led zeppelin - greatest hits" and got some real crap cd instead. Oh wait.
im in High School right now so i cant really decide LOL but right now i prefer High School coz u can fool around with teachers & stuff LOL
FANTASY , EVERYBODY HAS ONE
Hi. No.

University For Me.

EDIT: ^.........typical UK high schoolers :] Can't even spell yet.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by The Madcap
I think it depends on who you are. My brother is a college graduate, and my sister is in college. Judging from what they've told me, I think I'd prefer college (I'm in my last year of high school). I always conversate better with people older than me, and I am somewhat bad when it comes to high school social skills. People seem to care more about popularity and image in high school, something I can't wait to get away from.

The ****? How old are you? I always thought you were 20 odd.

I think college in Britain and America are two different things. College in Britain is pretty much a less strict version of "high school", but with the same ****. It's pretty damn cool though.
Quote by akaDan
The ****? How old are you? I always thought you were 20 odd.

I think college in Britain and America are two different things. College in Britain is pretty much a less strict version of "high school", but with the same ****. It's pretty damn cool though.

...actually yes. This is true.

Because here, in Grade 11 + 12 you get to pick and choose your courses (besides math and english of course, they're a given.)
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Page 1 of 2