Poll: What is your average?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is your average?
90-100%
27 26%
80-90%
42 40%
70-80%
26 25%
60-70%
8 8%
50-60%
2 2%
Voters: 105.
Well University Applications have pretty much just finished up, my official marks have been sent to universities and I was curious as to the average UG had in school.

Your average, for the sake of the poll and by the university application system, is your top six marks. I don't know how they grade you in America with the GPA or Europe, but just give a percentile.

50-60% - D
60-70% - C
70-80% - B
80-90% - A
90-100%- A+

Yea... I havn't used letter grading for a while so excuse me if it is wrong, we go by percentile here in Canada

Let's see how smart UG is!
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
well, last year when i graduated high school, i had a 87 % average......so.....an A average

oh, and my 1st college semester GPA is a 3.8 and i need to 2.0 to graduate at the end of the year, so i am quite good
Last edited by djmay71 at Feb 21, 2008,
College freshman

70-80%

because I'm a lazy worthless sack of dead mice
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
My current grades are:

Algebra II - 99.5%
Sophomore English - 98%
Spanish II - 109%
Website Design - 95%
Speech - 101%
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
your system kicks ass, now i get straight A's!
I have no opinion on this matter.
63% average... I'm not too fond of the schools system, as I know I probably have one of the highest IQs in my class but one of the lowest GPAs.
Quote by Ironbodom
My current grades are:

Algebra II - 99.5%
Sophomore English - 98%
Spanish II - 109%
Website Design - 95%
Speech - 101%

Impressive but a little rediculous
I got like 63% this year, It's only grade 11 but I still voted in your poll
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I thought more people would jump on the "Grades does not equal smarts" line, I guess not.
Quote by Ironbodom
My current grades are:

Algebra II - 99.5%
Sophomore English - 98%
Spanish II - 109%
Website Design - 95%
Speech - 101%

Gotta love that American schooling.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by Smitherz
Impressive but a little rediculous

My Spanish teacher is so easy. I asked her why my grade was so high and she said, "I like to give out extra credit randomly sometimes."

Quote by Spydr
Gotta love that American schooling.

For Sure It is so god damn easy. I hardly do shit in school. The teachers get so tired of reading brainless, incoherent crap as long as I make it look like I actually spent some time on my work (proof-reading, revising, double-checking, ect...) I am pretty much gaurenteed an A.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Last edited by Ironbodom at Feb 21, 2008,

My grades aren't great ATM...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Ironbodom
My Spanish teacher is so easy. I asked her why my grade was so high and she said, "I like to give out extra credit randomly sometimes."

Well good work anyways man, I hate when people bash high grades, you probably deserve what you get, and if you don't, screw you
I have an eh average.

Eh. Because he's Canadian.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
AP Chem - B-
AP Lang/Comp - B+
AP U.S. History - A
Pre Calculus - B
Spanish III - A
Engineering & Design I - A+
Jazz Ensemble - A
Health - A+

I'm kind of ashamed. I spend almost no time on homework/studying
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
well my TER score (a ranking based on your grades against everybody else in the state) was 90.45 with a maximum score being 99.95, effectively putting me in the top 10% of students in the state. i also received "bonus points" for living in the country and going to a crap public school (ie for being somewhat disadvantaged compared to the people in the city who go to 15 grand a year schools) which bumped my score up to 99.85

i voted the A+ option.
The only thing that grades are good at measuring is your responsibility with sheafs of papers, and your general work ethic. School teaches you stuff, but grades don't really correlate at all with the stuff you are taught. It's bullsh*t.
Quote by Beware!Criminal
AP Chem - B-
AP Lang/Comp - B+
AP U.S. History - A
Pre Calculus - B
Spanish III - A
Engineering & Design I - A+
Jazz Ensemble - A
Health - A+

I'm kind of ashamed. I spend almost no time on homework/studying

That looks like an intense schedule!
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by Ironbodom
That looks like an intense schedule!

Ehh. The first 4 I actually learn something in, and the rest are really easy, so it kind of balances out. This quarter is killing me, homework-wise. AP teachers start loading you up with homework and tests as much as they can before the AP exams.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by FOCOrock
The only thing that grades are good at measuring is your responsibility with sheafs of papers, and your general work ethic. School teaches you stuff, but grades don't really correlate at all with the stuff you are taught. It's bullsh*t.

Nah I disagree, I really respect people who are motivated and earn high marks. It's easy to sit back and say, yea I COULD do that if I tried, but what really takes guts is applying yourself and seeing the results.

I was thinking yesterday about this to myself, it is easy to know that you could be something special, what is hard is taking the risk and finding out if your not. In my opinion, most people would rather live knowing they could have been then knowing that there weren't, even at the risk of not even trying.

Being motivated and hard working is a life skill, just like having a high IQ. Unfortunately, I am extremely unmotivated which will haunt me all my life I am certain.
Last edited by Smitherz at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by FOCOrock
63% average... I'm not too fond of the schools system, as I know I probably have one of the highest IQs in my class but one of the lowest GPAs.

I'm guessing it's because you are incredibly lazy maybe?

try to reverse that, it will bite you in the ass

/from experience
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by FOCOrock

well... yes it does. if you remember what youve been taught you'll have no trouble answering questions in exams and therefore get good grades, i dont see how you could say they dont correlate to what you know
Ranges from mid 80's to 100's. This sounds like a weather forecast.

I quit doing homework a while ago...somehow I get by. Grade 9 btw, that probably accounts for it.

Quote by Diamond Dave
well... yes it does. if you remember what youve been taught you'll have no trouble answering questions in exams and therefore get good grades, i dont see how you could say they dont correlate to what you know

Because you're a lazy ass and don't do your homework...like me. Which makes up for a good portion of your grade, at least in my classes. Or you're just sloppy at things like math, and make 28597382 careless mistakes.
78.5% average for first semester. not alot of effort. got 94% in guitar class. class average for that class was 92, but im still proud. no music classes this semester, which sucks.only academic math, academic science, food and nutrition and careers/civics. math is hardest one, teacher says class average is usually 55-60%
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
**** u put 70-80 as a b but i voted 80-90 so what i really meant to do is vote for 70-80.
A's in six subjects. C in PE.

I usually sleep in my classes, but the work is still really easy.
I was a straight A student. Then I met music. Guess where it went from there.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
yeah, i was smart in high school. i'm along with those 18 other people in the 90-100 percentile, now i feel stupid in college lol
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Funny no one here is a screw up. Just perfect with A's and B's
my last report card had:

Orchestra - A
French 2 - B
English 2 Advanced - C
AP World History - C
Algebra 2/Trig - C
Chemistry - B
PE - A

All my teachers tell me (especially my English teacher) that I'm just too damn lazy. I can't even remember the last time I turned in work for my Algebra class.