Poll: Which Wah?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Wah?
Dunlop Crybaby (Normal)
16 46%
Dunlop Crybaby Zakk Wylde Sig
3 9%
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Sig (I'm also a big fan of slash)
16 46%
Voters: 35.
Ok, I'm going to buy a dunlop crybaby wah wah pedal.

But I'm wondering which is the best out of these?

I need to know so when I go buy one, I'll know what I need

I play mostly rock and metal but not death metal
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
i've got the slash edition and love it. it comes with a built in distortion circuit which i'm pretty sure separates it from the others in their line up.
Personally, I do not like dunlop wahs. They are just a pain for me to use and I do not get the sweep range I want from them. I feel there are definitly better wahs out there, like the RMC Teese and the older Vox wahs.. AND WHY IN GODS NAME ARE YOU INVESTING IN A WAH! You have a Squire, an Epi, and an Ibanez Electric (epi acoustic is nice) and a zoom multi efx... and don't make me go on about your amps. Sell as much of that stuff as you can... and buy a Fender stratocaster and a Peavey Classic 30 or a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe...
Quote by Highwaytohell
Personally, I do not like dunlop wahs. They are just a pain for me to use and I do not get the sweep range I want from them. I feel there are definitly better wahs out there, like the RMC Teese and the older Vox wahs.. AND WHY IN GODS NAME ARE YOU INVESTING IN A WAH! You have a Squire, an Epi, and an Ibanez Electric (epi acoustic is nice) and a zoom multi efx... and don't make me go on about your amps. Sell as much of that stuff as you can... and buy a Fender stratocaster and a Peavey Classic 30 or a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe...

because he wants a wah....
and yeah, the slash signature crybaby should do both.
Quote by Highwaytohell

Dude, I can't sell them because he said they are presents to me and if I sell them he will kill me so don't go on about my gear

I'm not worrying about an amp at the moment, I told my parents there is a decent amp on sale, a 160w peavey for $500, but they said not at the moment, but oh well, I'm happy with my current gear
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

dont get a dunlop
there are plenty of better wahs
check out wilson fx and the budwah
Quote by Dimster Ds
Dude, I can't sell them because he said they are presents to me and if I sell them he will kill me so don't go on about my gear

I'm not worrying about an amp at the moment, I told my parents there is a decent amp on sale, a 160w peavey for $500, but they said not at the moment, but oh well, I'm happy with my current gear

you dont need that 160w

Power does not mean quality. If anything, you should buy a tube amp. Anyway, i think the slash wah isnt worth the moeny. It all comes down how you use your equipment. My guitarist has a 100% stock classic crybaby (the cheapest) and he can do slash with it better than slash himself.
However i used to own the classic wah, and i didn't like it.

I think you should buy the vox wah.
All of them are terrible. The only Dunlop worth consider is the Crybaby from Hell, and to a lesser extent, the 535Q.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Dunlop: 535 or the Hendrix re-issue.

Personally, I'd get one of the Vox wahs (original McCoy or one of the V847's).

The new V847A will accept 9v adaptors as well, which is a plus.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The Slash wah's distortion sucks, not to mention it's 18v. Look for a Vox of some sort, muchos better.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
If you are looking for the Original Crybaby (I'm assuming thats what you mean by "normal") then stay away unless you know how to mod it for the better.
I just sold mine on eBay for $100 and the buyer was very happy with the sound I put into that pedal.

As for more rock or metal the Slash is what I would go with and what I voted for. It may not have the best distortion but I like the way it sounds clean...

Personally I like the Vox wahs but heres some I suggest you look into:

Ibanez WD7 - Fair pedal but digital and not much sweep, not good for clean channel
Budda BudWah Wah - nice overall clean to OD pedal, nice sweep range
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Fasel Inductor Wah
Dimebag Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Vox V847A
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 21, 2008,
Neither go for the Hendrix.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
i suggest you go for the ULIMATE WAH THREAD

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by rhcp_freak
The Slash wah's distortion sucks, not to mention it's 18v. Look for a Vox of some sort, muchos better.

i agree the distortion sucks, i use the wah over a distortion channel or another pedal or something and it sounds great. (not that i've really experimented with a lot of others, but i like it). as for the 18v, i just use the a/c power supply. it'll pay for itself.
the slash pedal overall probably isn't the best wah out there, but it does the job, has the tone i'm looking for, and looks good too. as for the douche that said his buddy "plays slash better than slash himself..." come on, get serious.
I voted the normal one...I hate all the signature series wether it is a pedal an amp or a guitar.
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
Slash wah is great. The distortion isn't very good, but it does make a decent boost if you have the gain down and the volume up.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Archeo Avis
All of them are terrible. The only Dunlop worth consider is the Crybaby from Hell, and to a lesser extent, the 535Q.

I'd take the 535 over the dime wah anyday.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Get the 535q... it's way better than the 'original' and costs less than the signature ones...
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
Quote by Ghold125
ibanez weeping demon...alot more then the dunlops

eww....god no! that pedal has the most god awful sweep
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by zwound
you don't need that 160w

Power does not mean quality. If anything, you should buy a tube amp. Anyway, i think the slash wah isn't worth the money. It all comes down how you use your equipment. My guitarist has a 100% stock classic crybaby (the cheapest) and he can do slash with it better than slash himself.
However i used to own the classic wah, and i didn't like it.

I think you should buy the vox wah.

About the amp, that one is the one my guitar teacher used to own, and he regretted giving it away, if he didn't buy a Marshall speaker he could have got it back

But he told me it is a decent amp at a small price and he recommended if I have a chance, get it

I'm looking at the slash wah, I don't really care about the distortion features on it, is it possible to toggle with the distortion on it?
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by shredhead22
I'd take the 535 over the dime wah anyday.

The dime wah has a bit more power than the 535 when it comes to a wah for metal. Both are pretty similar though.

Bad horsies's aren't that bad if you have a noise supressor. Anything morley adds a load of hum...bunch of assholes.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by akelne2
i agree the distortion sucks, i use the wah over a distortion channel or another pedal or something and it sounds great. (not that i've really experimented with a lot of others, but i like it). as for the 18v, i just use the a/c power supply. it'll pay for itself.
the slash pedal overall probably isn't the best wah out there, but it does the job, has the tone i'm looking for, and looks good too. as for the douche that said his buddy "plays slash better than slash himself..." come on, get serious.

Prove me wrong then, douche!
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Neither go for the Hendrix.

You do realize that the only difference between an Original Crybaby and the Hendrix Crybaby (cosmetics aside) is one cap right?

If you can solder, I would buy and Original Crybaby and mod it to your liking.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Quote by zwound
Prove me wrong then, douche!

Yeah. Pretty sure that no one can play Slash better than Slash. In fact, it's physically impossible. The best you could get would be equal with Slash.

Being better at playing like Slash than Slash is just a ****ing impossible paradox.
Slash isnt the best guitarist in the world. Being around his skill level is only being 'advanced' in my book. Not even guru.

What's so great about velvet revolver? solos there are even below average.
i'm not saying that Slash is the best guitarist in the world, but saying that you know someone who's own "slash" is better than slash himself is a pretty bold statement, and a pretty worthless one also. and as to proving it, just watch anything he does, maybe your buddy is just good an impersonating him, but it all goes back through the never ending cycle of, "who invented the style?, who wrote the songs and solos, and blah blah". i'm not impressed with the latest velvet revolver and the solos aren't impressive, but don't talk down about him. he's a legend and an innovator. douche
Quote by akelne2
i'm not saying that Slash is the best guitarist in the world, but saying that you know someone who's own "slash" is better than slash himself is a pretty bold statement, and a pretty worthless one also. and as to proving it, just watch anything he does, maybe your buddy is just good an impersonating him, but it all goes back through the never ending cycle of, "who invented the style?, who wrote the songs and solos, and blah blah". i'm not impressed with the latest velvet revolver and the solos aren't impressive, but don't talk down about him. he's a legend and an innovator. douche

my statement about slash: mostly just pentatonics (not always) and his tone is not that freakin good, just standard marshall. He's not bad, he's just not on par with say somebody like ritchie blackmore or george lynch (i know those guys are also very different but meh).
BUT THIS IS NOT ABOUT SLASH!

If you refuse to go for the tube amp, spend the cash on a vox v847 wah.