I just need a wah that can do both Hi-Gain metal and Hendrix.. With a really wide and adjustable sweep. I've got my eye on the RMC Teese wizard wah. is there a better wah for cheaper?
get ether the dunlop jimi hindrix wah or the zakk wylde wah! the zakk is a moded hindrix wah!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
like you said in the other thread...WHY IN GODS NAME ARE YOU INVESTING IN A WAH?
you're saving for a mesa rectoverb, why are you going to buy a wah and clean out your amp fund?
Quote by clomon
get ether the dunlop jimi hindrix wah or the zakk wylde wah! the zakk is a moded hindrix wah!

double fail.

The dunlop jimi hendrix isn't hendrixy at all, and the zakk wylde is just stupid for hendrix.

If you want a good tone for both metal and hendrix, get a vox v847 (really the only wah which will get jimi's signature tone), and for metal, maybe get a crybaby from hell or some kind of morley.

I'd stay away from the ZW wah. I tried one out at a store when I was still a n00b metalhead (I have long since turned from the ways of the br00talz). It was one of the worst wahs I tried that day. I even tried out a 30 dollar behringer hell babe, which I preferred over the ZW wah. The crybaby from hell is pretty good for metal though, but I've heard morley is pretty good too for higher gain stuff.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Feb 21, 2008,
Weeping Demon
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
Weeping Demon

Oh yeah, those are nice too.
Not sure how they'd work for hendrix though.
Either buy two seperate wahs, or just pick one over the other.
And doesn't Boss have some modelling wah out?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
get two wahs.

RMC Picture wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
thats not a half bad idea... 2 wahs... but that would require massive foottapdancing uggh... maybe i should just stick with the wizard wah
Quote by Highwaytohell
thats not a half bad idea... 2 wahs... but that would require massive foottapdancing uggh... maybe i should just stick with the wizard wah

Not really. It's a wah. Usually you're not gonna blend metal and hendrix in the same song. Just switch off the hendrixy wah and turn on the metal wah when you go to a metal song I guess.
I haven't had any experience, but usually do-it-all wahs (or pedals in general) usually don't end up doing a particular sound very well. This may be different, but I still recommend two different wahs.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
lol. srsly. who needs metal wah and hendrix wah in a song? just use the metal wah for metal songs, hendrix wah for classic songs. u can mod the hendrix wah to be like funk wah too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by darkarbiter7
double fail.

The dunlop jimi hendrix isn't hendrixy at all, and the zakk wylde is just stupid for hendrix.

If you want a good tone for both metal and hendrix, get a vox v847 (really the only wah which will get jimi's signature tone), and for metal, maybe get a crybaby from hell or some kind of morley.

I'd stay away from the ZW wah. I tried one out at a store when I was still a n00b metalhead (I have long since turned from the ways of the br00talz). It was one of the worst wahs I tried that day. I even tried out a 30 dollar behringer hell babe, which I preferred over the ZW wah. The crybaby from hell is pretty good for metal though, but I've heard morley is pretty good too for higher gain stuff.

you dont kno how to use the zw wah it is a boost wah not for wah wah wah wah wah! thats for players who just suck! the vox is just way over rated. if you want the ultimate flexabilty get a dunlop 535q wah it has a flexable boost of 35db
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
ULTIMATE WAH THREAD has all the info you need

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by clomon
you dont kno how to use the zw wah it is a boost wah not for wah wah wah wah wah! thats for players who just suck! the vox is just way over rated. if you want the ultimate flexabilty get a dunlop 535q wah it has a flexable boost of 35db
.....You're an arse, on so many levels.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Highwaytohell

If you're not buying two wahs, the wizard is probably the best for you.
Quote by clomon

I thought the point of a wah was to make wah sounds ...?
Actually, the stock vox v847 is a quite incredible wah for clean tones. It's honky and has such a delicious tone to it. But, you are right about the dunlop 535q. That's a good wah.

But to TS: Yeah, weeping demon and v847 sounds like a great combo.

And if you need more info on other wahs, check out the ultimate wah thread.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator