im trying to get into emo hardcore and i need some recommendations on bands and album to start on. something more aggressive than jawbreaker, fugazi, etc.

ps. if you think emocore is alesana, alexisonfire, chiodos, etc. pls DO NOT post here. and if you're going to say emo is gay or emo are for faggots, your opinions are not wanted.
Planes Mistaken For Stars - KNIFEINTHEMARATHON EP
Saetia - A Retrospective
Four Hundred Years - Transmit Failure
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
theres no such thing as emocore, if screamo's what you're after, then sealclubmassacre and cedence right.
Quote by 875875511
theres no such thing as emocore, if screamo's what you're after, then sealclubmassacre and cedence right.

im sick of this man.
guys, i am not talking about screamo, or post-hardcore.
emocore was invented by ian mackaye after minor threat even BEFORE they took the CORE out and made the term EMO.
thx cedence and stabxyou and others for some recommendations, im sure to check them out.
Emocore, huh? How about some Morbid Angel.

That'll set you straight. They're just peeling with...emotions...and feelings...

Yeah...
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by RockerPseudonym
Emocore, huh? How about some Morbid Angel.

That'll set you straight. They're just peeling with...emotions...and feelings...

Yeah...

Sure, try some Deicide, Vomit Remnants, Origin and Kataklysm while ure at it
Quote by recklessnick
im sick of this man.
emocore was invented by ian mackaye after minor threat even BEFORE they took the CORE out and made the term EMO.
thx cedence and stabxyou and others for some recommendations, im sure to check them out.

They all recommended screamo.

And the -core was always there, and always has been? So are you just talking about old-school emo?
Quote by DressingCold
End Of A Year (the songs off the split with Fire Team Charlie)
Hostage Calm

both are modern day bands

Hostage Calm?......Honestly?

i saw them w/ I Adapt a while ago and i hated them, they didn't sound emo to me at all they just sounded like bad hardcore to me. I have their 1st demo (i think) i'll check it out now but i just don't know
Quote by aggiefan33
They all recommended screamo.

And the -core was always there, and always has been? So are you just talking about old-school emo?

the stuff before 1st wave emo (jawbreaker) i dont know much about those, i thought you guys knew
Quote by recklessnick
im sick of this man.

Maybe if you were a bit more specific you wouldn't be sick of it?

Are you talking stuff like Embrace?
Quote by SadistNation
Hostage Calm?......Honestly?

i saw them w/ I Adapt a while ago and i hated them, they didn't sound emo to me at all they just sounded like bad hardcore to me. I have their 1st demo (i think) i'll check it out now but i just don't know

i didn't say they were emocore in any part of my post. i suggested them because they have the sound that he's probably looking for in their riffs & vocals.
Ooooo i see now, ok then yeah definitely. Hostage Calm does seem like what hes looking for
Quote by recklessnick
the stuff before 1st wave emo (jawbreaker) i dont know much about those, i thought you guys knew

jawbreaker is more similar to the second wave of emo. the first wave was stuff like gray matter, embrace, rites of spring etc. is that the type you're looking for?
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."