I'm an average guitarist maybe abit under average.
I've got some minor techniques down such as
Alternate picking
hammer ons
palm muting
pinch harmonics etc
But yeah i want to get some more advanced techniques down like Legato, Sweep Picking, String skipping etc.
But i lack the skill to do them . So what would be a good starting point? I refuse to play scales mainly for the reason. They are boring if there is like exercises (fun ones) especially I'll learn them.
Thanks heaps.

-Chad.
"Glory is fleeting, obscurity is forever"
why do you refuse to learn scales

thats like the first thing you should learn on guitar
,,.. especially if you want to learn techniques
I don't know. I just cant sit there and learn them. I find it really boring. I mean i learnt like one scale and ugh..That annoyed me alot.
You learn one scale, you've learnt twelve. Say it's the major scale, you can move the shape along the fretboard and play it in twelve different keys. Should last you a while.
I know A Blues in the fifth position? So if i moved that up the fretboard two frets it would be B?
Quote by Satanisk666
I know A Blues in the fifth position? So if i moved that up the fretboard two frets it would be B?

it would be B if you use the same box shape. But, say you play the same notes from the A Blues scale, but only start on the second note of the scale (C I believe) you will get another shape of the A Blues scale. So the second position would be C D D# E G A C etc...

it's the same basic concept with the major scale. You learn the scale, then learn it again only start with the second note in the scale, then do it again starting on the third etc and before you know it, you've learned all the modes of the major scale just from starting with that one scale.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/scales/modes_explained.html
Quote by stwb
it would be B if you use the same box shape. But, say you play the same notes from the A Blues scale, but only start on the second note of the scale (C I believe) you will get another shape of the A Blues scale. So the second position would be C D D# E G A C etc...

it's the same basic concept with the major scale. You learn the scale, then learn it again only start with the second note in the scale, then do it again starting on the third etc and before you know it, you've learned all the modes of the major scale just from starting with that one scale.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/scales/modes_explained.html

Uhhh thanks. I'll look into it abit more. whats the easiest/best scale to learn out of minors?

Melodic
Harmonic
Natural?