After forever, and some emergency line up changes, im getting to hit a real studio.

Tonal records is the studio we're using, on march 22nd.
http://www.myspace.com/tonalrecordstx
(the default is pretty damn poppy, but most of their other recordings are quite good non pop songs)

So, anyone who's been to one, or owns any of this gear, some advice would be nice.

The studio's got a pair of mesa boogie Triple recto's, I play a B52 and a fender blues junior. Obviously the blues junior is going to sound FAR off from the Boogie, but seeing as b52 is often cited as a mesa rip off, should I even bother bringing it?

Obviously bring strings, picks, etc, backup guitar.

Should I bother bringing my pedals or effects?

Dont want what's already shaping up to be one helluva day to go over badly.
Its an hour and a half from my house, and we're booked for 9 straight hours, so I sure as hell dont want to have to go back home to get something insignificant.

So any advice is appreciated.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Bring a big poster of Charles Manson, and feel the inspiration radiate.

I imagine you should bring your pedals.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Feb 21, 2008,
All I saw in there was the amps, the drums, and various microphones, so you probably should bring your pedals.. And like I said:

Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Bring a big poster of Charles Manson, and feel the inspiration radiate.

Haha. Didnt Daron Malakian of system of a down do that, for an entire album?

If so, I'll stay away from that Idea.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x

Quote by Zach_F
Haha. Didnt Daron Malakian of system of a down do that, for an entire album?

If so, I'll stay away from that Idea.

I had no idea. If that's what happens, I change my mind. Bring one of John Dillinger instead.

That dude was harsh.
By the way, does anyone else think it's weird that Charles Manson made WAY better music than SOAD?
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Feb 21, 2008,
Haha.

Nothing particular against Soad, but daron's a jackass.

That sounds better.

We're more of a progressive metal group, so is this new guy bizarre or something?
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

PM me, or just say # x

Quote by Zach_F
Haha.

Nothing particular against Soad, but daron's a jackass.

That sounds better.

We're more of a progressive metal group, so is this new guy bizarre or something?

John Dillinger? No, he was a bank robber. But he was amazing at it. Try to be as good at music as he was at being both bad ass, and bank robbing. And he once broke out of a jail with a fake gun, and managed to steal the police's armory. Which is just funny.

By the way, you know.. you're helping me derail your thread, right?

I'll say it again. Bring your pedals.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
All I saw in there was the amps, the drums, and various microphones, so you probably should bring your pedals.. And like I said:

Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by Ramones06

Dude, I can't be the only one who thinks he's cute in that picture.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Dude, I can't be the only one who thinks he's cute in that picture.

well i'll admit he is KINDA cute....
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...