So what if it's a lame beginners magazine...

So, could someone please let me know what the subscribers code is for TG #170?

Thanks!
Last edited by BGSM at Feb 21, 2008,
whoooooa! lame?! its good
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I like it, but some people say they hate it because it's for 'beginners'... it's not. Some things are, but then they bring out some Vai or Satriani stuff and it gets better. I was learning Sisters not that long ago from TG.
Problem is they go with whats popular at the time. They had My Chemical Romance on the front cover FFS! Now and again thay have some decent stuff but mostly its bollocks, and the disc they give you is pish too, don't even supply a tab.
Yeah, an incredible guitarist recommended that to me after I asked him if there are any books or magazines that would be good for me to read, but I've had a hard time finding it. He reads it himself.

Simon Patterson, you would have heard of him if you're in Australia, he was the Hey Hey It's Saturday guitarist. Off topic, but he uses a Squier beleive it or not.

EDIT: ^ Yeah, true. I was reading some of my teachers old magazines and they were so much better. Nowadays it's all metal, emo or acoustic. It's still a great read though, and it's hard to find better magazines where I am.
Quote by Bendybaws
Problem is they go with whats popular at the time. They had My Chemical Romance on the front cover FFS! Now and again thay have some decent stuff but mostly its bollocks, and the disc they give you is pish too, don't even supply a tab.

commercial guitar magazine in trying to appeal to people shocker!
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
commercial guitar magazine in trying to appeal to people shocker!

Nah not really a shocker just sh*t
I used to get it all the time but I've found that it concentrates far too much on heavy metal and I'm not really into it. Nowadays I just buy one guitar magazine a month and sometimes it's TG but only if it's not got a metal band on the cover.
It's hideous: the worst subscription I ever got. "DEATH METAL SPECIAL" with Bullet for my Valentine and Trivium as the main article etc.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
I used to like Total Guitar until there was a Trivium article in every, single, frickin' issue.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Bendybaws

...aren't the tabs usually in the "learn to play" section at the back?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
...aren't the tabs usually in the "learn to play" section at the back?

They put them on a disc so you can watch them play I'd rather have the tabs but I've seen TG get those wrong too.

And I think they're too kind on reviews I don't think I've ever seen them absolutely slate a guitar or amp.
Quote by TeenBite
It's hideous: the worst subscription I ever got. "DEATH METAL SPECIAL" with Bullet for my Valentine and Trivium as the main article etc.

My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab