what do you rekon i should get, i mean we need a guitar amp, multi effects board and maybe a bass amp if it can fit in the budget

suggestions??
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
new amp!!!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
marshall jcm800 halfstack. your peers will not regret it. there will be lots left over for a loud bass amp
Well I'm going to suggest a Lne6 Spider Valve. I really liked it when I tried it. The good thing with it is that you can play anything on it and it sounds good (more or less at least). This is a great thing if your in a school, were you would need versatility. It's all tube and sounds great!
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINSPV112

You could get one of these instead of a pedalboard. It's a switcher that works with the Spider Valve and will work great.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINFBVSHORT

For a bass amp I would recommend this:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--HTKVX2510

My bassist has a stack version of the 3500 watt one and it's a fantastic bass amp, with great sound and all.

Total price: 1567

So your even under your budget! So for the $400 left you could get one these guitars:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN134702

Great guitar, very versatile.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by jimzer
marshall jcm800 halfstack. your peers will not regret it. there will be lots left over for a loud bass amp

I definately would say that a half stack would be overkill. Especially the jcm800 cus that's supposed to be an extremely loud amp (even by valve standards). Go for a more versatile tube combo. I don't know exactly what to get though.
Damn man thats alotta cash. What sort of level amps are you looking for? Like professional stacks or begginer combos?
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Don't buy REALLY good stuff, chances are arses who haven't elected to do music will f*ck it up somehow.
EDIT: unless the only people who use the music rooms have elected it (ie, non compulsory music)
Last edited by 3lusiv3 at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by Icarus Lives
I definately would say that a half stack would be overkill. Especially the jcm800 cus that's supposed to be an extremely loud amp (even by valve standards). Go for a more versatile tube combo. I don't know exactly what to get though.

yeah its cause i want a jcm800

but get a valveking yeah a valveking. half stack if poss

and yes true to the arse statement. some kid might play blink 182 and green day so get a gay pop-punk filter for the amps
I was in a similer situation a few months ago, I was put in charge of the guitar funding. We needed amps really badly, I ended up buying 2 roland cubes and a peavy bandit. Everyone seems to be happy so far and the metalheads love the cubes.

Buy some high quality leads to, the ones at my school get treated like **** and we only have 1 or 2 working at a time.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
im thinking maybe a avt 100, me 50 and a ampeg combo 15" 250w thing maybe
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Since you're going for Australian Prices.

It may be better to get a Peavey Valveking, Boss me-20 pedal, some guitar leads, and if possible a new bass amp.
Not sure how much it'll cost though.
Quote by jimzer
yeah its cause i want a jcm800

but get a valveking yeah a valveking. half stack if poss

and yes true to the arse statement. some kid might play blink 182 and green day so get a gay pop-punk filter for the amps

you young man are an ignorant prick.. people can play whatever the **** they want to play. i personally play metal... with bits of punk in between and punk is fun to play (my opinion) so yeah go get ****ed
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Quote by BFMVrrule
you young man are an ignorant prick.. people can play whatever the **** they want to play. i personally play metal... with bits of punk in between and punk is fun to play (my opinion) so yeah go get ****ed

i said POP punk not ****ing hardcore punk and punk punk. im talking black flag, ramones, clash, iggy pop... the real punk thats what ppl can play not green day and blink 182.so yeah go fist yourself. in the anal hole. while being teabagged by a priest
Quote by jimzer
i said POP punk not ****ing hardcore punk and punk punk. im talking black flag, ramones, clash, iggy pop... the real punk thats what ppl can play not green day and blink 182.so yeah go fist yourself. in the anal hole. while being teabagged by a priest

Wow, not only are you a tool, your **** at insults. There's nothing wrong with greenday or Blink182, I'm not a huge fan, but they're fun and catchy bands. You dont need to start flaming.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
please just drop the flaming.

to the OP, what is this gear going to be used for? what level of experience will the people using it have (beginners in gradeschool, advanced students)? where will it be played (dedicated music rooms, any classrooms next door that you have to worry about being too loud)? and does the school have a budget for replacing tubes later on?

you may just want reliable solid state amps unless you need to do some performance, and if so, how big of a place do you need to fill?
Quote by jimzer

Another imbecile. You're dictating to people what they can and cannot play, now? Easy there, Adolf. Oh my, what if I happen to enjoy playing some 90's Green Day once in a while? And I've never heard the term "anal hole" ; I've heard anus. Oh, and sphincter.

*Reported.*
Quote by jimzer

Fag.

And get yourself a nice amp with that money.
Wait.....what? why dont I get $2000 from my school ****....
Quote by Caustic
If I didn't cuss so much, I'd be illiterate!

Quote by Will_Minus
Stupid people do stupid things. Don't be stupid, stupid.
My vote would go towards a Peavey Valveking half-stack, but my main concern is, because it's being used at a school, the general treatment of the equipment, and what the school would think about periodic maintenance (I'd assume it would get used a lot, tubes would need to be replaced, and people not knowing any better playing around with stuff they shouldn't be touching).

If all the above stuff is a worry, then an SS half-stalk of some sort (100watt) would be better economically. Maybe a Crate Flexwave of some sort.

Boss ME-20 or Roland GNX3/4

For a bass amp, I'd probably go with a Peavey or G & K combo or half-stack (SS, twice the wattage of the guitar amp at least, in order to help it cut through)
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by dsubstanceuk
Do not go for a SS half-stack when you can get a good 2x12 Flextone.

I mentioned a SS half-stack instead of a combo for a couple reasons.

One, they're inexpensive.

Two, don't know how it's going to be treated in the school. If it can be trusted that it's going to be kept well taken care for, then there are many other amps I would mention that would be much better. But since it's most likely going to be treated poorly (as most school equipment tends to be), I'm going for something low maintenance. Also for the price, a second head or a second cab could be secured. That way, if one is damaged, it's a simple matter of switching the damaged part while the broken one gets fixed.

Three, if it's being used in a simple band (drummer, bass, 2nd guitar, singer), sure it may be a little overkill. In anything larger, such as in conjunction with other school bands (horns, orchestra, whatever), the extra wattage and push from the speakers may be needed get heard.

Four, maintenance. I figure the school equipment would get a much more generous amount of use than say, someone's own, private amp, even when gigging. That'll probalby mean an increased need for maintenance, and if you SS as opposed to tubes, you cut tube replacements out of the mix, making maintenance less expensive.

As much as people always want the best equipment, most schools look at things from a numbers/economics perspective (unless it's a fine arts/music specific school). So I'm thinking in those interests first and foremost in this case.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I'd say go for an SS modeler guitar amp wise. Something thats durable, in my school, the amps pretty much have to put up with being dropped and booted about. 2 have broken so far.

Go for a roland cube 60, vox AD50VT, Line 6 Flextone or something similar.

Id never reccomend our school a valve amp, itd get slaughtered. valves would get smashed. Prolly why our schools music room is full of cheap crap.
Quote by Gabel
Well I'm going to suggest a Lne6 Spider Valve. I really liked it when I tried it. The good thing with it is that you can play anything on it and it sounds good (more or less at least). This is a great thing if your in a school, were you would need versatility. It's all tube and sounds great!
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINSPV112

You could get one of these instead of a pedalboard. It's a switcher that works with the Spider Valve and will work great.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINFBVSHORT

For a bass amp I would recommend this:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--HTKVX2510

My bassist has a stack version of the 3500 watt one and it's a fantastic bass amp, with great sound and all.

Total price: 1567

So your even under your budget! So for the $400 left you could get one these guitars:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN134702

Great guitar, very versatile.

+1

I think a tube amp for school use is a little risky, though (not like SS amps are more reliable, but they are more fool-proof).
What I would get is a couple Flextones if possible - probably 1x12 combos, a nice Gallien-Krueger bass amp.

For school use, 50w SS is pretty much plenty... As most schools have hilariously poor and quiet drumkits....

And as for guitars, as Gabe said, the MIM HSS Strats are nice.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I picked my schools amps. A pair of Vox AD15s ¬_¬ And we have an epiphone les paul, but the music teacher lets noone touch it, I asked to use it cos I didn't have my guitar one time and he said "I would but I don't want you to smash it" I thought he was joking. He wasn't.
Twat.

And the drumkit is shot, my bassist has to put her feet on the bass drum and sit down to avoid it moving and the pedals always break, oh and the bass amp cuts out a lot ¬_¬
Personally i like the combo i use and would prolly work good for school as well.

PodXT Live run into a Tech 21 Powerengine 60 (could also do one of the atomic amps too but they are a lot more expensive and i dont know how they compare tone wise). that way you can record direct to comp if you want and also pull tones off the net for people like myself that sucks at making their own lol.
we have allready got an avt 100 and we are happy wiht it and another one would be good because guitar at my school is growing heaps, and we have a SWR workingman pro and a couple of PA's
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Quote by zekk
Wow, not only are you a tool, your **** at insults. There's nothing wrong with greenday or Blink182, I'm not a huge fan, but they're fun and catchy bands. You dont need to start flaming.

dont get me started please all they play are power cords

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
dont get me started please all they play are power cords

Thus, equalling the potential of most high-school goers. Perfect.
Roland Cubes or Line 6 Flextones should do the trick.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Id say the Flextone is the way forward. That way you will have 2 different sounding amps.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Firstly, your school would probably want to buy new, not used, so suggestions for things like jcm800 are pretty useless.

Secondly, for bass amp get either a warwick or ashdown mag head and an ashdown mag 2x10 cab (or combos if your school wants to go that way, though the combos usually aren't as good). Those are the best deals in australia.

Thirdly, for amp, don't get a line6. Get either a vox or roland modeller, the 100 watt version (or whatever is the loudest they make).

ALSO, REMEMBER THIS - get your teacher to ring up billy hyde or whatever place they're ordering from and see what kinda discount they give. I know that billy hyde gives my old highschool massive discounts (we're talking up to 50% here).

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Buy $2000 worth of Squiers.

Nah, not really, but if you live in Sydney, you might wanna check out Music Dream @ Paramatta, they've got a nice selection of amps/guitars and some DiMarzio leads.

Billy Hyde give good customer service but the selection in the city isn't so good. If you're planning to get a Vox or something like that, go to Billy Hyde, check what they'll charge you for it if they order it in then go to Allans Music and then tell them what Billy Hyde are offering and go back/forth until you get a nice price, buy it and spend the rest on Squiers.
Quote by xifr
ALSO, REMEMBER THIS - get your teacher to ring up billy hyde or whatever place they're ordering from and see what kinda discount they give. I know that billy hyde gives my old highschool massive discounts (we're talking up to 50% here).

i forgot about that and its worth repeating. shop around and see who can give you a good discount for an educational institution.
Peavey 6505+
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I wish my school had given me 2000 dollars to buy gear for the music room.

Hell, we don't even have guitars in our music room. Or even stringed instruments of any kind.

I say get some low wattage combos.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I'd just try to get a midrange item in all the catagories that you need, instead of not getting one of them.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by jimzer
so yeah go fist yourself. in the anal hole. while being teabagged by a priest

LOL sigged thats funny.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"