Poll: Who is the greatest actor of all time?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who is the greatest actor of all time?
Al Pacino
37 9%
Tom Hanks
102 25%
Marlon Brando
26 6%
Robert De Niro
61 15%
Dustin Hoffman
7 2%
Johnny Depp
81 20%
Jack Nicholson
68 17%
Anthony Hopkins
28 7%
Voters: 410.
Page 1 of 7
Who is it?
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will

These guys are good actors.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
That guy who just died.
Why?
Because he died.

Hey, same thing happened with Hendrix.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
That guy who just died.
Why?
Because he died.

Hey, same thing happened with Hendrix.

Hendrix was considered the best IN his time.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Hendrix was considered the best IN his time.

Sarcasm dear.
Gore AND Core; unite!
It's like you picked all the favourites from the '70s and added in Depp because he's totally in right now.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Leonardo DiCaprio, talk ****, but if you havent seen The Departed, The Aviator, or Blood Diamond then you just seriously dont know!,

Or possibly Jim Carrey, hes great being goofy but in his serious rolls like The Number 23, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind hes amazing. Also movies like Man on the Moon really showcase his range.
Last edited by sestemofatowel at Feb 21, 2008,
Quote by Icarus Lives
Hopkins is probably the best actor, but I know Hanks has a tonne of oscars. Buit I chose De Niro cus he is so badass.

Hanks robbed the Oscar from Morgan Freeman that year.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Hanks won two oscars...He deserved them both... His 'Forrest Gump' was much better than Freeman's 'Red Redding.' Cheers!
Not flexible? He won Oscars in 'Philadelphia' and 'Forrest Gump'...totally different characters. Plus he was bad ass in Saving Private Ryan...He's probably the 2nd greatest actor, behind Edward Norton.
edward norton is awesome, but hes still edward norton, even when hes a sterioded nazi hes still the same edward norton (which we all love, including me, i have like 9 of his movies), and tom hanks was not a badass in saving private ryan, that movies great, but he wasnt a badass, idk, hell allways be little forest to me, haha.
i think the best actors are the ones that play like, roles that are on different ends of the spectrum, like jack black, you compare his goofy **** to king kong, or ashton kutcher, he was amazing in the butterfly effect. terrance howard is really good too. Even though he only did on movie, i really loved Emien in 8 mile
this list is all old people, a great young actor is definately jarred letto

i choose robert de niro, he's pretty awesome all round
[url="http://www.myspace.com/luxterna91]...And Now The Descent
Quote by clincher09
"I like maceroni and cheese" "Yeah well it's not as good as Tool. Did I ever tell you guys about Tool? Lateralus is the best thing ever."
Quote by sestemofatowel
edward norton is awesome, but hes still edward norton, even when hes a sterioded nazi hes still the same edward norton (which we all love, including me, i have like 9 of his movies), and tom hanks was not a badass in saving private ryan, that movies great, but he wasnt a badass, idk, hell allways be little forest to me, haha.

Yeah...He's totaly typecast.

Bruce Willis. He can convince you that he's actually doing what he's doing on screen. Same with Jack Nicholson. Depp's a good actor. A tad overhyped. but still a good actor.

You know which actor sucks? Adam Sandler.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
johnny depp!!! well, hes my favorite
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Come on, man...Ed Norton wasn't his usual role in Primal Fear...and he was friggin amazing... Hanks always has a little Gump in him, I admit, but he always has great box office draw and he usually has great critical acclaim. Hanks was badass in Saving Private Ryan. Don't you remember his last scene: shooting at the German tank as he was gut shot...
I'm the only one who thought Milli Vanilli were good actors?
Quote by vintage x metal

Milli Vanilli were pretty good actors until the tape skipped during their live show...They lacked improv skills (and musical talent, i guess)
Quote by led_buck15
Hanks won two oscars...He deserved them both... His 'Forrest Gump' was much better than Freeman's 'Red Redding.' Cheers!

Both of them deserved the Oscar. Two of my favourite ever movies.

There are so many amazing actors that it is literally impossible to name the best actor.

Thank all that is holy for the great actors of this world who give us hope.
its a two horse race between Christopher Walken, and Christopher Walken...

i know thats technically only one person, but i just thought he's so awesome he deserves two billings.

plus you can totally imagine Walken having a slagging match with himself at an award ceremony
Marlon Brando>Tom Hanks>Jack Nicholson>Johnny Depp>The Rest
"Glory is fleeting, obscurity is forever"
Nice list, hard to decide but it's gotta be de Niro

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Robert De Niro is just the master. All my favourite films have him in it. There is something about the characters he plays and how he plays them that really involves you.

But all those actors are great, especially Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino.
i am disappointed at your exclusion of Morgan Freeman from the list.

He is God......really, he is God, he played him twice.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?