when I play in drop C (just learned how to and went at some songs I never could try before) the top string which was normally the low E bounces all over the place can someone tell me how to fix it
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Sounds like it could be lack of tension in the strings. You need heavy gauge strings for low tunings....
get some .12-.52 and you should be good or even heavier.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
alright thanks
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Even 11s work, but it'll fall out of tune quickly. If you plan on playing Drop C full time, get some 12s or 13s
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
i love my guitar with it's stock 9's or 10's in dropped c... my guitar stays in tune for a long time too... so idk what you guys are talking about...
My 10-46 guage strings stayed in tune in Drop C... I guess it depends on how hard you like to rock out? But my 11-52 gauge strings sound better...
Quote by mrmarc772
i love my guitar with it's stock 9's or 10's in dropped c... my guitar stays in tune for a long time too... so idk what you guys are talking about...

What scale length is your guitar? If it's particularly short that might explain it.

Either that or you're just plain weird :P
Quote by mrmarc772

Quote by ernie123
My 10-46 guage strings stayed in tune in Drop C... I guess it depends on how hard you like to rock out? But my 11-52 gauge strings sound better...

the topic is the string having too much slack, but not out of tune.
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
well would it be wise to slap on the thickest strings I can find =P I mostly play in drop D and standard and half step down from standard and how well would my guitar adjust to thinker strings?

EDIT-only reason I dont play drop C more often is cause well my strings arent thick enough
Quote by SkyValley
Last edited by punk_metal2007 at Feb 22, 2008,
if you play heavier gauge strings in standard tuning, you'll need to get the truss rod adjusted or else the neck will warp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
im playing Ernie ball not even slinky , 12-52, best strings in my opinion for de-tuning
Quote by punkbassist19
im playing Ernie ball not even slinky , 12-52, best strings in my opinion for de-tuning

+1 I think you're correct
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ahh ill just wait it out since I have no knowledge on the truss rod and take it to a hop
Quote by SkyValley