I thought that maybe it would be good to ask u guys here before I made a choice. It sounds pretty good, and for a price like that, I might as well buy it. It costs $100, and another $60 for the shipping, so all in all it costs $160 (wow, some einstein math) and in euros, about €110. Here is the link:

http://www.rondomusic.com/sst623ts.html

I looked around, and liked this one. It doesn't sound like a bad buy. What do you guys think? It can't be too terrific looking at the price, but yeah whatever. Anyone that knows anything about an SX guitar, go ahead.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
hmm nah svae up for something better i bet youd get bored of that quick
well it's for a second guitar, i have a fantastic first one, but thanx.

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
ohh fair enough, i see u got a fender strat (nice) how about a squier jagstang with a dimarzio super distortion for some kurt tones
I have the Vintage series bass, and assuming that the guitars are made with the same quality, i'd say go for it!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
What do you expect for $100? It may be good or it may not be. I bought an sx guitar for $120 and the fretwork is a joke. I stoned the frets and got 'em even so when I lowered the action the bridge bottomed. The strings are still too high but that's it, can't go no lower.

I sold it for $60 to get rid of it. Maybe you'll be lucky but $60 for shipping? Whew!
thanx jimzer.

dancesisidance and PanHead, u guyz have opposite opinions, so I'm kinda mixed here.....

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
My SX guitar had a shedload of tiny problems when I got it, which made it annoying to play. Have since fixed it up, but I'd definitely try before you buy.
thanx cultlife, just that I live in Frankfurt Germany, so I can't try it, gotta buy it or leave it, so that's why I'm asking for other opinions.

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Quote by dancesisidance
I have the Vintage series bass, and assuming that the guitars are made with the same quality, i'd say go for it!

Omg! Vintage rule dont they! Good Quality for a pretty small price The bulid quality is a bit crappy though.
If you're looking for a cheap, but quality guitar, check out the Aria range.

I've been using them almost exclusively since I started playing guitar, they're brilliant for modding & arent too shabby stock.

I've used my refinished telecaster copy on a couple of youtube videos, if you want a sample of the stock sound (I've not touched the pickups)

http://www.youtube.com/user/cultlife
thanx fight the foo, that sounds good.

thanx cultlife, will do in a second.

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
cultlife, i like that. btw, i have exactly the same fender guitar strap in exactly the same color lol

and also Ive checked out the aria stuff. Pretty cool, thanx. What do u think of this one?

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-ARISTG003.html

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
does anyone know what it says on the head of the guitar? I can make out SX obviously, but does anyone own one and know for sure? thnx

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
SX guitars are cool, they're good copies, and I know about Rondomusic's products but no, I do not own an SX guitar. sorry
ok.

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Quote by Zackmiller
As long as the Axe is made in CHina, dont buy. It sucks

Don't dismiss the China-made guitars as crap.

I've played a few China made guitars and some of them are actually really really really good. Some were on par with MIJ and MIK guitars. And the quality of guitars made in China are getting better and better as we speak.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by dsubstanceuk
No, use the money to get a decent amplifier.

ye watever

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
TeenSPirit, I think dsubstanceuk is trying to sell you his Laney! I have no opinion on the SX as I have not played one. I have played some decent "made in china" guitars IMO. Good luck.
Quote by Teen Spirit
cultlife, i like that. btw, i have exactly the same fender guitar strap in exactly the same color lol

and also Ive checked out the aria stuff. Pretty cool, thanx. What do u think of this one?

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-ARISTG003.html

I got my friend to buy one of those when he started learning, like my tele, it's very much the lower-end Aria guitar, so the finish is quite plastic-ey, but it's still pretty solid and dependable. Sounds good as far as I remember.
Last edited by Cultlife at Feb 21, 2008,